𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠||𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

Henry Bowers hasn't had a proper Thanksgiving in... well, ever, to be completely honest. I started dating Henry in January, making this our first Thanksgiving together, and I intend to make it the best.

I help my mom stir the gravy as I inhale the rich smell. "Mmm. Mom, this smells delicious." I say. She smiles.

"Thanks, Y/N/N." She says while taking the turkey out of the oven.

"Y/N, you've grown up to be a very pretty girl. How old are you now? 13?" My senile grandfather asks. I giggle.

"Thank you, Grandpa. I'm actually 17." I correct him, setting the basket of rolls on the table.

My grandma, Marie, scoffs and hits his arms. "Fred, (random names here) you should know that, you old bat. She's your granddaughter." She says.

"Know what?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

I hear the doorbell ring. "I got it." I say. I quickly rush over to the door, expecting to see Henry. Instead, it's my dad's parents. "Hey, Grandma. Hi, Grandpa." I say, giving them a hug.

"Huh? What'd she say?" Grandpa Fred asks, waving his cane around.

"She was talking to John and Debra, Dad." My mom says.

I take their coats and hang them up. "Hi, Dad. Hey, Mom." My dad says, hugging them, then Grandpa John follows him to the couch, returning to the football game.

We go into the kitchen. "Why, the long face, Y/N?" Grandma Debra asks.

"I was expecting my boyfriend." I say, anxiously playing with my fingers.

"Boyfriend!? She's too young to have a boyfriend!" Grandpa Fred exclaims.

The doorbell rings and I smile. "That's him!" I say excitedly and go over to the door. I open it to see Henry fucking Bowers in a suit.

"Wow, babe. You look beautiful." He says before I could say anything about him.

I blush and take his hand, leading him into the house. "You look very handsome, bup." I say, kissing his cheek.

"Thanks, love." He says.

He hands my mom flowers. "Mrs Y/L/N, these are for you." He says politely.

"Why, thank you, Henry. That's very sweet of you." She says, filling up a case with water, then sitting the flowers in the water.

He kisses me. "Happy Thanksgiving,
Y/N/N." He says. I smile.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Henry. You look very nice. You should wear this suit more often." I suggest.

"Now, let's not go that far." He chuckles. I smile.

My dad gets up off of the couch and comes over to us. "Hey, son. Glad you could make it." My dad says.

"Thank you, sir. I'm glad I made it too." Henry says.

"Alright, everyone. Dinner is ready." My mom says. We all sit down at the table. We fill our plates full of food, then my dad says grace. We all start to eat.

"Mom, you did an amazing job with everything." I say.

"I agree." Henry says.

"Thank you, kids." My mom says. Henry places his hand on my thigh and smiles genuinely. I could tell that this was gonna be one of the best Thanksgivings ever.

Word count- 519

Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah, it's a little early, but I knew that I wouldn't have time to do it later on. And they cancelled practice for tomorrow, thank God. I'm in no running mood after food, then shopping lol.

XoXo,
RK