I'm Not that Cruel *Part 23

The restaurant was situated not far from where they work. A breeze passed through his sweater and a chill formed throughout his body, alerting Kihyun from his current pain. The pain came and went, and although he wanted to tell Minhyuk that he was hurting, he didn't want to ruin their moment together. He hadn't hang out with his friends in a long while, so he hoped their time together will help somewhat alleviate his pain.

Kihyun had been contemplating whether to respond to Shownu's messages. His phone wasn't blowing up anymore and it now felt empty. The missed calls and unopened messages felt as if he had been gone for long. Kihyun had thought that by ignoring Shownu's calls he could forget about the sonogram and the lying.

Kihyun took a sugar packet out of the basket and began pouring into the tip of his fingers. The sonogram was still in his pocket. He had never thrown it out, the feeling of having the sonogram away from him would signify that this wasn't happening. That Shownu had never trusted him enough to tell him about his past. That he wasn't-

"You were really quiet on the drive over here. Are you thinking about responding to Shownu?" Minhyuk took his sunglasses off and put them in the table. His eyes were narrowed and he kept looking at Kihyun with concern.

"I don't know if I should." The contents that were on his finger slipped and spilled on the table. Kihyun wanted to throw those contents with the swipe of his hand but he remained in tact. There were of no concern.

"I'm concerned about your children," Minhyuk said. His voice got deeper and his stance serious like when he is at work. "Will he be in the lives of the children?"

" I want him too. I can't do this on my own," Kihyun said, the though of the future darkening and turning sad.

"This is your chance to talk to him, Kihyun. No matter what happens, your children come first."

" I know, I know. But the thought of him cheating on me or having another life irks me," Kihyun said. He stomped the sugar particles with his hand. " how stupid was I to believe he would change. Was I joke?"

"You're not a joke, Kihyun," Minhyuk said, edging his chair closer to Kihyun.

Kihyun looked down, unable to look at his best friend. The knot on his throat was forming while his patience was wearing thin. His own patience and his indecisiveness were like his time living on that apartment that had nothing of him. He was only living there as a stranger to the home, a visitor.

But he had a found a home in Shownu, and he wasn't a stranger to the walls, to the smells of the kitchen, and to the warmth of the bed. He was becoming an owner to that place, to Shownu. Apparently.

What happened?

"Look," Minhyuk said, with the tone of voice that he would use when a friend needed a scolding of love and of self appreciation. "Shownu was a horrible boss, and everyone feared him and he was the laughing stock, you know that.

I worked with him for so long that I never saw him smile, talk to me as a person rather than a coworker, or ever saw him come into work with the presence of a human being."

Minhyuk caressed Kihyun's belly. Such effort turned the key to Kihyun's patience well and slowly it began to travel to his face, the tears finally escaping the pressure.

"You are the best thing that happened to him. And him to you. You were both not living. Don't pretend I didn't see you wasting away your life watching TV shows and sleeping.

I want you to know that Shownu loves you, you can see it in his countenance, his demeanor, his affection toward us now. He's not super nice but he's not like before. I think he see us inside his bubble now."