Perfect Time *Daejae

Daehyun is jittery, the nerves penetrating every inch of his body. His hair is wet, the spilling drops wetting his blue, ironed collar shirt.

At this moment he couldn't see himself in the mirror. His hands were distributing the gel equally in all parts, like a memory, as if he had a mirror engrained in his brain and he could see how his hair was coming out.

Still, without looking, Daehyun turns the light off, calming himself down.
The phone ranged as Daehyun grabbed his shoes from the pile of lined up shoes from the inside of his closet. 

Quickly, speeding up like speedy Gonzales, he fetches the phone from his nightstand, and hops on top of his fluffy bed. The phone was in its forth ring.

"Sup," he says out of breath. That was such a work out. He hated missing calls.

"Not even a hello? Boy you gotta get your ass whoop from your mother," Samantha, his best friend, says from the other side of the line.

"Sorry. I'm just so nervous, like I'm going to chicken out or something," he squirms, throwing one shoe to the side, and yanking one of the shoelaces from the other shoe so it would untangle from the loop.

Samantha groans, probably rolling her eyes, Daehyun wonders. She hated that he was so nervous about something that he shouldn't be nervous about.

A proposal is always something to be nervous about.

"Don't you back out now, boy!" She warns. "Youngjae deserves that ring."

His insides whirled. Some type of energy was creeping into his tiny billions of cells working so that he can a day like this to freak out.

With a feat, the loop is undone and the shoe laces are in opposite poles. Unto the next one. Daehyun grabs the next shoe, and wiggles his body so that he is further into the bed. The cover was so soft that he just wanted to lay in bed, and forget that he was about to propose to the love of his life.

Through the phone, he could hear the background noise getting a little bit too loud, so he removes the phone from his ear and he shouts so he can be heard.

"I'm not! It's just... What if Youngjae says no?" There it is. That question that has been bugging him since yesterday night when Youngjae had snuggled up to him, and whispered 'I love you' while his eyes were shutting.

She scoffs. "You fool. You've been dating Youngjae for five years, it'll be stupid of him to refuse to marry you. I know him like you know me. He would never say no," Samantha reassures him, her soothing tone relaxing his tight muscles to a lesser degree.

Samantha always knew what to say. She even helped one of her friends keep her relationship with her boyfriend of two years. When in doubt, she's the perfect to make the worries go away. She's the good in people.

"I shouldn't be doubting myself. He wouldn't be with me for this long if we wouldn't be serious," Daehyun agrees, comforting himself more than just agreeing.

Anxious mind makes him doubt everything that he knows won't go the way he thinks he does at this exact moment in time.

The birds chirping outside, and the light shining from his window, casting a shadow all over the room except that part that expressed itself like a person does when they're on stage, announced that it was past morning.

Cars outside were bumping into the bumps, his neighbor was cracking up some fast paced music, and the trash car was making its loud music announcing that it was Tuesday.

A nice day to make him feel better about moving forward into the next level of his adulthood life.

"Correct. Now when are you coming to pick the special cheesecake that I made just for you two? I don't have all day," she tells him, her voice getting distant. Probably taking someone's order.