I'm Not that Cruel *Showki Part 15

"I feel like I'm spying on my husband," Kihyun said, from the backseat, his hands inside a bag of Cheetos.

They were currently inside Hyunwon's car eating junk food during Hyungwon's lunch break. He had picked him and announced they were going to do some detective stuff. Glad to be out of the house, Kihyun hadn't thought nothing about it. He wanted to get out of the house for a while now and this plan seemed to work. Until it didn't.

Spying on Shownu was creepy now. Anytime now Shownu can meet his eyes and then... BAM.. he's caught.

Kihyun took another piece from the Cheetos' bag and popped into his mouth. Eating seemed to calm him.

"Isn't that what you're doing?"

"You forgot that Shownu is not my husband and no, I am not spying on him. You are," Kihyun replied shifting on his seat so he could lower himself as to not be seen. His hand had pushed the seat so he could lower himself and now it was stained with orange puffs. Kihyun sighed once again.

"You asked for our help and I am helping you cause that's what friends do."

Kihyun rolled his eyes. Hyungwon was not making this situation any better. When he had agreed to spy on his (hubby? boyfriend? Whatever they were) Shownu, Kihyun had not agreed to sit on a car while he watched Shownu talk to his friend Joheeon while they were having lunch.

What he meant was figure out a way to get Shownu to confess or go through his old files to help him find the truth. Not spy on Shownu like a crazy stalker. Yes, going through his file  wasn't any better either. He was still intruding in Shownu's life but spying on Shownu in real life is more dangerous and can expose them to their investigation.

"Can you get rid of those binoculars! We're not in a concert or in war!" Hyungwon was starting to irritate him. Staying home was starting to sound good and he hated staying home.

Hyungwon ignored him and instead adjusted his binoculars. His cheeks stretched, a low howl escaping his mouth.

Turning to his right to check who had caught Hyungwon's attention, Kihyun licked the orange puffs from his fingers. He was out of Cheetos and his children didn't like anything else. Curse you, he mentally curses his children. He couldn't see anything. He could see Shownu, a tiny him who didn't seem to move and looked his reserved self. They were so far away that he couldn't make out what their lips were saying or distinguishing any facial expressions.

"Hyungwon, give me those binoculars!" If he was going to spy on Shownu, he better actually spy, not be a bystander.

"No can't do. The new employee joined them and he has a good view to look at," Hyungwon said, his voice husky.

Kihyun shot up from his slouch position. The new employee sounded interesting. He can't miss this either. Hyungwon had his seductive face and was narrowing his eyes toward the direction of the glass window.

"Give me those binoculars!"

This time his voice was firm and full of authority. His body was erect and he was staring at Hyungwon as if his stare can hypnotize Hyungwon into giving him the binoculars.

Which in fact did work. Kihyun smiled in triumph.

Hyungwon pouted while Kihyun placed the binoculars in front of his eyes. At first his eyes had lost focused but blinking a few times and focusing the binoculars at a right angle, his eyes found hair. Lowering the binoculars, his chest began to take slow breaths. That hair looked familiar. His heart had been right. That hair belonged to Shownu.