I'm Not that Cruel Part 21 *Showki

The lights above him were brighter than he ever recalled noticing. The bodies next to him were not bodies. They were people; he knew they were people, yet there they lay without their characteristics; what made them them was gone and he could not pin point why this scared him the most.

A light breeze had swoon over him and the distant noises in the background engulfed him with the idea that he wasn't supposed to be here. They weren't supposed to be here. A few hours ago everything around him was normal. The same old days and although, he wanted those moments gone, the life of his father, now that those moments were snatched from him, he regretted even thinking of the idea of them being gone.

Shownu was stuck in place, his small hands shakily gripping the staring wheel. Because it was night, he could not see the road ahead. It had been dusk when they had left the party his father had made go to.

His father was drunk beyond the recognition of his own state and the vulnerability of his own son. He had always been that way. Shownu could not understand that way of thinking. To his young mind, it was exposure to what adulthood would mean for him once he grew up. At times he would impatiently ask the world to already make him an adulthood to be just like his dad. He saw the power, he saw the decision making that made you feel like you were god, and that vision had plagued him with the desire to be just like him.

Until that very moment that plucked him out of that weak vision. His dad wasn't there when he felt his hands spiral out of control. He couldn't hear the screams, the last tug of his mother's hand before he lost it forever.

Guilt pounded at his heart, his shoulders too shaky to stop and allow him to look back.

His mind raced with the thought of his father. Shownu wanted him to be there, to be the one in charge. Shownu didn't know what to do. He was alone with the bodies of his past life that had started just now.

"Don't leave me," he finally had the muster to speak. It had been so silent that his words were dropped into the air to be last forgotten.

When no one answered his plea, Shownu looked back, surprised at how his sister sat in her seat. She looked as if she was sleeping with her head pressed to the soft material. If he stared enough, he could forget that her temple was drenched with blood. She had only been playing with food and accidentally got it smudged on her face; oh silly her.

Everything was an accident. He didn't do it on purpose. His family was everything.

It was an accident. Shownu gulped, a sprinkle of tears blurring his vision.

He dared not look back at his mother who had been pleading to his father that they should stay in the car until he was sober enough to drive back home. But his father had not listened. His father had insisted that Shownu drive, argued that Shownu was smart for his age and that he would be able to drive them home perfectly save without his help.

His mother. He couldn't really look at her. Shownu had been composed and he didn't quite understand why. His body was running around crazy, alerting him of the pain that he didn't feel. It was as if

"Mom! Wake up! Mom!"

Something jolting him up. Soft material engulfed his shaky hands. Shownu grasped the sheets as if his life depended it on them. For a second he had forgotten where he was. It was impossible to think of reality when both his future and past were merging into one.

"God, you're sweating like crazy. Shownu what happened?" Jooheon was beside Shownu touching Shownu on the forehead; his eyebrows were knitted and his his lips pursed. Shownu smiled a tiny bit. He rarely saw that expression on Jooheon. He was a tough men just like Shownu.