I'm Not that Cruel Part 16 *Showki

Tension built on his shoulders as Shownu kept staring at the white wall. He had just came back from lunch and he was ready to leave work. Ever since Kihyun took a leave of absence things at work had been slightly better. It wasn't because Kihyun left; no, in fact, it was because his countenance and behavior had shifted, thanks to Kihyun of course.

Three months ago he would said fuck you to Joheeon. Jooheon had been the one to suggest that they should have lunch with the new employee they had just hired. And it wasn't a normal hiring. Shownu had purposely hired the new employee to spy on his father.

After meeting with father a few weeks ago, things started to change. His father became more pushy, demanding to know more about Kihyun, inquiring about his unborn children. Shownu said nothing, ignoring his calls, but his father got more aggressive.

Shownu knew his father wouldn't let this matter alone. He always had to have the last say, always getting what he wanted.

"Thank you for lunch," Wonho said from the door. Shownu turned around, surprised he had not left yet.

He usually (actually never) doesn't have lunch with new employees. He doesn't even think a boss should get to know employees into that extent.

Except when he suspects his father is possibly spying on his love life and on his children.

As weird as it sounds, Shownu suspects the new employee he just hired is spying on him by the orders of his father. Shownu suspected that his father hired this man to work for his company under the management of Shownu, knowing he could easily spy him there. Even gaining his trust in order to know more about Shownu's life. Taking advantage of this opportunity, Shownu inwardly smiled, proud that he was beating his father's game.

Shownu would gain this new employee's trust and then do the opposite for him. He would only tell him what his father wanted to hear.

Shownu was tired of his father. It wasn't enough that he ruined his childhood and his chance of having a family, he now wants to do the same, just when he's starting to find a new family. Shownu was finally allowing himself to be happy, letting his heart grow fond of Kihyun. His mind was already on his next goal, looking forward to life. He had kids on the way. He was not going to let his father take that all way.

To protect the people that are most important to him he will do anything.

Thankfully, Joheeon was with him when he took the employee to lunch. Wonho was probably confused as to why he took him to lunch seeing as no boss would ever go that far into knowing a new member of the office, but Shownu didn't care. Wonho was there with another job in mind, and Shownu understood that Wonho knew in his mind why he took him to lunch. During this time Shownu kept his target at bay, only acting nice to throw Wonho off, if only to seem like he wasn't aware of the situation. It was easier to get to Wonho's confidence and to make him to be at least his friend if he pretended to not know that Wonho was there to spy on him.

"Don't even mention it." Shownu smiled, a forced smile that hurt even to make. After all, he was good at pretending.

Shownu smiled so wide that he hoped it made Wonho take it a sign that he wanted him to leave. Shownu had his hand on his chair slightly moving it side to side. His other hand rested on his hip as he stared at the new employee.

"Thanks again. If you need anything let me know." With that said, Wonho bowed down and close the door.

Shownu breathed under his mouth a 'sure' and slouched down on his chair. His hands had immediately draped over the chair; closing his eyes hurt and his muscles ache with a pain that was too familiar to him.