THIRTY-ONE

Chapter XXXI- A Big Favor

(Katy's POV)

My day started out just like any of my days. Tour doesn't start until at the end of next year, which is good. I have been writing new songs already. There's this one song, that got me thinking that this is a lot harder than I thought. Especially writing it from experience.

My head above the water, looking for your beating heart....

(A/n; that's my own lyrics. I actually came up with it. 😊✌️)

I kept on repeating the same lyrics over, and over. I stared deep into the calm scenery of the beach, as I have my journal on my lap.

Don't know where to start, don't know where to begin,

But I know, wherever it is, I'll find it one way or another.

Words started to flood inside my mind. I thought of him hard enough that I can write a song about him.

Cause, no one can make me feel like you do,

You're the one, yeah I know you are...

So, give me your hand, and remember ....

How you loved, and how you give...

Things you've said, things you've shown

Don't waste another time, letting it go..

I ended the first verse, then made my way to start the chorus. I thought deeply again about us, and the obstacle we have gone through.

I was wrong to not fight hard enough for you,

I pushed you through the ground like you were nothing.

You never gave up, but I did so easily,

And I shouldn't have, so It wouldn't have to be this way...

Things I've said; hurt you, but I was only trying to protect you.

But, you have to know I always wanted you to be happy.

I feel tears streaming down my face, as I remember how I didn't fight for him hard enough to keep him. If I did, this all wouldn't happen, and maybe I still have him. His love, and affection.

I closed my journal slowly, and leaned my head against the beach chair. I closed my eyes tightly, sighing thinking of what could've happen if I fought for him hard.

"You do know people come here to swim, and rest." I heard someone laughing, "not sleeping."

I quickly opened up my eyes; seeing Ethan right across from me. I sat up quickly.

"Ethan, what arr-e you doing here?" I stuttered.

"To get some fresh air. You?"

"Just writing songs." I wiggled my journal, and gestured him to where my guitar is, "I'm actually having a hard time coming up with lyrics and chords."

"Really?" Ethan said with such astonishment, "let me see what you have so far."

"Okay.." I handed him my journal slowly.

I watch him read, waiting for his face to look at me.

"This is good, what you have so far." Ethan smiled widely.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He responded, "give me your guitar for a sec."

"Alright." I said, picking up my guitar, and handing it to him.

"Let me try what you have so far." Ethan cleared his throat, as he prepared to sing. He strums the guitar gently, and glance at the words, "I was wrong to not fight hard enough for you,

I pushed you through the ground like you were nothing.

You never gave up, but I did so easily,

And I shouldn't have, so It wouldn't have to be this way...

Things I've said; hurt you, but I was only trying to protect you.

But, you have to know I always wanted you to be happy." He ended with a smile.

The whole entire time, it felt amazing listening to him sing.

"Wow that was..." I smiled awkwardly, as he gave me back my guitar, "amazing. Tell me, how did you learn how to play like that?"

"I don't know actually, it just came to me." Ethan chuckled, handing me back my journal, "it felt like I knew how to play it for a long time, but at the same time it feels new."

"Yeah, I get it." I smiled looking at him.

"I didn't even know I could do it." Ethan laughed punching my shoulder, "when's your tour starting again?"

"Not until the end of next year."

"That's good because, there's actually something I would like to ask you." Ethan asked shyly.

"Like what?"

"It's more of a favor actually." I never seen him this shy before asking me something. Even when we were dating.

"Spill it Anderson." I said laughing.

"Can you pretend to be my girlfriend? so, when Norma sees me with you, she'll take me back."

I have no idea what to to feel, and to even think. I still can't make any decision about his favor.

"Ethan..... I-."

"Please Miss Perry." Ethan begged, "it would mean a lot to me. It's only for a short amount of time. When she takes me back, then it's over the whole pretending."

"Ethan.... I really do--."

"Please, do it for me." Ethan said, moving closer to me, as he gets a touch of both of my hand. He's really making this hard on me, "I'm begging you, please."

I sighed looking down, "alright-alright I'll do it."

"Thank you so much." Ethan embraced me with his tight hug. God, I miss this so much. He eventually had to let go, "I actually have to go, let's start tomorrow okay?"

I nodded smiling before facing him away from me.

What have I gotten myself into this time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; this is a short chapter, but it's good that the story is getting interesting.

#QOTD; Do you think it's a good idea that Katy agreed to Ethan's big favor?

#SOTD; Real Girls Eat Cake by Janoskians 💖💞😍😊