THIRTY-NINE

Chapter XXXIX- Too Late?
(Katy's POV)
-1 month later

I have come across to the fact that, I keep destroying things that are important to me. I always assume, and it turns out to be the other thing.

It's been almost a month, and he still won't answer back to me. I've tried every way I can to reach out to him, but his assistant keeps saying that he's busy, he can't reach the phone, or he's not available. Is he not available because he's busy, or he's not available because it's me?

I just want an answer. Is that too much too ask?

"That was good Katy, now take 5, and we'll start again." Tamra said giving me the big thumbs up, before getting inside the booth with me. I took of my headphones, and hang them against the microphone stand.

"Do you really think that was good?" I chuckled, taking a seat, "I sound kind of flat."

"Eh, a little, but it sounds better than the last time." Tamra teases me.

"Tamra!" I pushed her aside. I started to remember what I've said to her last time, and it was pretty harsh. I shouldn't have said what I said. I was at a bad place, "Tam, I just want to apologize about what I've said, I really didn't mean to."

"Kate, stop." Tamra settled her hand on my shoulder, "you don't have to apologize, I get that you were in a bad place." She smiled at me. It warms my heart, and I feel like crying because she didn't take it personally.

"Tam." I embrace her, as I let out tear stream down my face.

"Kate, it's okay." She hug me back tighter, "now, later me and Angela are pla--." She got cut off by my buzzing. It's a text message.

"It's Ethan." I said, before unlocking my phone.

We need to talk. Meet me at the bridge tonight at 8.

-Ethan

I glance at the clock, seeing that it's 7:30pm, so it's half an hour from now.

I'll be there

-Katy

I responded quickly.

"Listen Tam, can you reason with them if they ask me where I am, because I really have to go." I said, as I sling my purse behind me.

"What's going on Kate?"

"Ethan just texted me, saying that he wants to see me at 8 by the bridge."

"Good luck, Kate." Tamra said, before I storm outside the room.

Finally, after a long time of waiting, he finally agreed to see me. I know the first thing I'll do; to apologize.

I quickly drove my car outside the parking lot. I really can't wait to see him. I just want to see his face again.

(The Bridge)

A/N; please play the chosen song from this point on. (Scientist by Coldplay)

I started walking slowly up the stairs, that's connected to the bridge. As I take steps by steps, the more I see his figure standing; facing the pitch black sky.

"Ethan." I said slowly, as I made my way beside him, "I'm glad that you finally agreed to see me, after what happened a month ago. I'm sorry for what I did, I shouldn't have done what I did."

"I forgive you." Ethan finally spoke up.

"I'm glad that you forgive me, I really miss you."

"But, you were right about me, about everything."

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't really care about you. All I care about is hurting you. You didn't matter to me."

"Ethan." My heart are starting to form cracks.

"You're just a stain I wanted to erase since the very start." Ethan said, without any emotion, more anger.

"That's is not true, all the things you've said to me, they all feel real."

"It was all part of the plan. To play you. You didn't really think that I'd fall for you?"

"E--Ethan." I sob.

"Everything was just a plan, you're just a plan. Ever since from the very start, I feel nothing but to hurt you."

"You've changed Ethan."

"No, I didn't. This is the real me since the very start. All the things that I've told, and all the things that you seen in me; that wasn't me. This is the real me."

"You're very cruel Ethan."

"I am taking her back, I'm taking Norma back. I have realized that she's the only one for me. Take care, and stop calling me. I don't want anything to do with you." Ethan retorted before walking out on me.

I can feel the actual sound of my heart shattering. It hurts, to think that he has changed for the worst.

What happened?

-.-.-

I went back to the studio, knowing that Tamra is probably still there. I slid myself inside the small crack of the door.

"Tam." I burst out crying inside her arm.

"Kate, what happened?"

"He's taking her back, he's taking her back." I cried like never before.

"Oh, Kate I'm sorry to hear that."

I have no idea what to do anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; this is tough for the both of them.

#QOTD; Do you think Ethan made the right decision?

#SOTD; Dangerous by The Vamps 😍☺️😊