FORTY-THREE

Chapter XLIII- The Masquerade Ball pt. 2
(Ethan's POV)

As I was driving down the free way of Los Angeles; with its dark path; only my neutral beam light making me see a bit clearly. Ever since the meeting with her team, I have been having these weird constant of spacing out? A lot like daydreaming.

I thought about how I can't stand the idea of them being intimate. I can remember every bit of emotion that I felt when he said that they were something else.

Anger. Jealousy. Melancholy. Frustration. Guilt. Despair.

I bit the tip of my lip, as I glance at the time of my car. Almost five minutes until 11. I sighed, maneuvering the steering wheel to the left. I tap on the steering wheel, as I waited for the light to turn green.

My phone beeped, notifying me about having a half a day meeting with the Johnson, and then after that I need to pick up my tuxedo for the masquerade party tomorrow. I am not really in to parties, but I'm taking this one as an opportunity to make amends with her.

I arrived at exactly eleven. Norma is already asleep, and I didn't feel like waking her up, knowing that she looks so tired. I tip toe to get a pillow, and a blanket planning on to sleep on the couch tonight.

After settling all the things I need, I undo the tightness of my tie, and toss it in the laundry bin. I slowly unbutton my white polo, and then again toss it to the laundry bin. I got into my normal home attire. I washed my face, and brushed my teeth before settling myself to bed.

I laid down, putting both of my earbuds. I know, it's such a teenage thing to do, but music helps me escape from all the things that'll take a day or more to think through.

I listen to the tune of Float On by Ben Lee. I've always like the beginning of the songs. Whenever I listen to music, I've always deep down, and think the deepest meaning of it, and how it somehow connects to me.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprise that she has already come across my mind. I smiled at the good memories we had, and how I enjoyed every minute of it.

I un-lock my phone, and went straight through the camera roll, and go down at the album of "Miss P ;)" I chuckled at the title. I slowly press on it, seeing the picture.

I stare deep into her virtual eyes, and her virtual smile. I move my thumb slowly, touching her virtual cheek.

I wish I had more time with her. I wish I could've told her how I felt.

I slowly started to fall asleep.

I saw blurry images, that led to a scene.

"What's with the telescope?"

"It's sort of a hobby between me and my dad. We used to go here when stars align and there's like a huge great star gaze show. It's amazing. Last time we were here is; when I promise him that one day I'll bring the most important person in my life here; and I did. I'm glad that I brought you here." I smile.

I still couldn't see her face quite clearly, but her voice is wide and clear.

She takes a long pause, then she sits up. "It never was gone, I still do. Always have, always will."

"I want you to know that you're the one that I love; I want to be with you. Always."

The feeling of being in this state, makes me feel somewhat happy. I couldn't explain, but the importance in her voice, and the passionate kiss we just shared basically explained that whoever the hell this person is, is important. No, actually it's more than that. This person might be the one that I'm looking for.