FORTY NINE

FORTY NINE- Explanation..

(Ethan's POV)

It's the right thing to do.

(Katy's POV)

I felt my phone dropped between my legs after reading his last message. All I can think of right now is why? What have I done?

I should call him, and asked. I went straight to my contact, and call him. It rings a couple of times, until someone answers it.

"Hello? Ethan?" My voice is shaking.

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Anderson is not available right now, would you like to reserve a meeting with him?" A lady asked, I'm assuming his assistant.

"No nevermind." I hung up quickly. I groaned, and rub both of my hands against my face.

"Uh-Oh, I know that look. What's going on Kate?" Tamra sat next to me, as she's eating a cookie.

"Does this answer your question?" I show her the message that Ethan sent me.

"Oh, wow." Her jaw half-dropped, "what happened?"

"This is what makes the situation even worse. I have no idea why." I groaned of exasperation.

"Did you try calling him?"

"I did, but his stupid assistant said that he's busy."

"Ugh, let's go." She stood up from her seat, and pulled my hand. But I stop her.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to the Anderson Enterprise." I was being dragged by my assistant through the hallway of the Capitol Records.

"Tam, we just can't do that."

"Do you want to know why he said that or not?" She pulled me even harder after we made it outside.

"I guess that I do."

"Well then, get in!" She pushed me inside her car. The next thing I know, she's exiting the parking lot of Capitol Records.

The drive flew by quick, and before I knew it; we have arrived. She pulled my hand into the lobby.

"Tam, we just can't rushed in here, he might be busy." I tried stopping Tam from getting inside the elevator.

"Look, Kate I can't stand the idea of you being sad again. We have to do something." Tamra sighed, as she pressed level 8th.

I smiled looking at Tamra, "you're amazing you know that right?"

"I know." She smirked with a smile. She's the best.

As soon as we arrived at the 8th floor; she then again pulled me. I was then again being dragged by my assistant. As we get closer to his office; a lady stops us.

"I'm sorry, but you can't get inside unless you have meeting with Mr. Anderson."

"Meeting my ass." Tamra shoved her aside, and pushed the door open. She basically burst inside Ethan's office. There he was; typing something down his laptop.

As soon as we made eye contact; both of our eyes widened. He stood up from his seat quickly.

"Katy?!"

"Ethan." I said quietly.

"You!" Tamra raised her voice, "what's your reason for your message? Are you doing this for fun?"

"Tam, please." I held her hand, but I can see that she's really furious. I haven't seen her in this state before.

"Kate please." Her face frowns even more, "what's your reason?!!" She basically screamed. It was so loud that it got people's attention.

"Tam please. Let me handle this. Why won't you wait in the lobby for me?"

"You better have some good explaining to do. I don't want to see her crying later." She exited the room.

As soon as we were left alone; Ethan quickly closed the door, and pulled my hand aside; making us not visible to people. We're standing at the corner.

"You shouldn't be in here." Ethan glance at the glass door.

"Ethan, what's going on?"

"It's Norma." Ethan keeps glancing at the window, "i said that for a reason."

"What the hell is going?!"

Ethan sighed, and held my shoulders.

"After the Grammys, right after I got home; Norma was furious with me. She saw a bunch of magazines, and tabloids of us together."

"What?"

"Including our lunch together, the Grammys rehearsal, and when I went with you as your date." Ethan then again glance at the door.

"O--oh." I stuttered slowly. Now, I get the whole situation, "she threatens to break up with you if you continued to be my friend."

"Yeah. It's out of my control."

"Then, fight for me!" I retort.

"What?"

"Don't just let your guard down, and give up on me. Fight for me. Don't just let yourself be scared of what she says. You have your own choice. You have to fight for me. You just can't keep following her orders." I raised my voice. Almost like screaming.

"Look, Norma is my girlfriend, you're just my friend. There's a big difference between fighting for my friend, and fighting for my girlfriend."

"You're right. Norma is your girlfriend. And I'm just your friend. But, you can't blame me from being overprotective about our friendship. Something I treasure the most."

"Don't treasure anything anymore. It's gone."

"You're such an asshole." I shove him aside, and ran outside his office with tears.

It's my fault that I got too attached to him; our friendship. I should've known that his relationship is more important than our friendship.

(Ethan's POV)

It hurts watching her leave. It disgust me having to think that I just ended something that I treasure the most in life.

Our friendship.

(Norma's POV)

Goodbye Bitch....