FORTY-SEVEN

Chapter XLVII- The Grammys 2015

(Katy's POV)

"Katy!!" Tamra yelled over the recording studio, "come out here now!" she gestured happily. Okay, odd.

I slowly made my way to her, as I watch her scroll through her phone happily.

"What is it Tam?"

"You are performing at the Grammys this year." Tamra jazz hands, "and you're gonna sing 'By The Grace Of God'."

My whole jaw fell, and at this moment I'm really happy.

"Oh my god, are you serious?"

"Here look at this, and tell me if I'm messing with you." She rolled her eyes laughing, as she hands me her phone.

After reading the article, now I am really happy, even though I haven't won any yet. I just want to perform. Everything is going good for me. This is nice.

"Oh my god!!!" I yelled, as I jump around like a crazy girl with Tam, "this is amazing. And I'm doing it for domestic violence right?"

"Yeah"

It's good that I'm singing for something that's worth singing for.

"This is amazing, I gotta call Ethan." I picked up my phone from my pocket. I wait for it to ring. A few seconds later, he picks up.

"BEST FRIEND!!!" I yelled over the phone; happily.

"Wow, that was a loud scream." Ethan chuckled over the phone.

"I have to tell you something important." I can't even keep up with my voice. It's so uneasy in a happy way, "I am literally about to cry."

Then it suddenly cuts off. Weird. I look over to my screen; seeing that my phone just died. Really?!!

"Tam, can you lend me your charger? I forgot mine at home."

"I can't, because I forgot it as well. I'm really sorry."

"This sucks." I whined, "I really want to tell him about the news."

"You can just tell him in person. Even better."

"Yeah, Maybe you're right." I sat on the couch, and pulled out my songwriting book.

Time to brainstorm.

-.-.-.

Half hour later, as I stood up from my seat; Ethan suddenly burst out the door. The next thing I know I am being wrapped around his body. He's hugging me so tight, that I'm having trouble breathing.

I gave Tamra the I-don't-know-what's-going-on look, but-I-like-it-any-way.

"Oh, alright." I slowly settled my hand behind his back, "is everything alright?"

He pulled from the hug, and faces me. He settled both of his hand on my shoulder.

"I tried getting here as fast as I could." He examines my body, "is everything okay? Any bruises?"

"What do you mean bruises?"

"You called me screaming, and then you said that you're literally about to cry. I thought that something bad happened to you. So, I rushed here." His eyes is filled with so much worry.

"Oh, that." I started, "the reason why I screamed, and I said that I'm literally about to cry is because; I am performing in the Grammys this year." I smiled.