TWO

Chapter II- Awkward.

-Katy's POV-

He was hugging me tightly, that I couldn't breathe. I pulled back away from him quickly. I shuffled away a couple more, and smiled awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, it just feels weird." I said, as I opened the door in front of me, and headed inside, "what brings you here?"

"To see you." John said, "I was just wondering how you been. I've heard about--." Before he could go any further in detail, I stopped him.

"You didn't have to do that." I sighed, as I took of the jewelries that was all over my body, "and I'm fine."

I felt his hand settling on my left shoulder. I sighed slightly, feeling a little awkward, and annoyed.

"No, you're not." John said, looking at me deeply, "I can see it in your eyes." We were staring towards each other deeply. I was just staring at his eyes, until the tears that I've been holding for almost about 2 years, burst. He wrapped his arms around mine, and he was hugging so tight.

I was sobbing hard. Harder than when he was in coma. He undo the hug, and place both of his hands on my cheek. He wiped down my tears with his thumb, and shot me a smile.

"Everything will be alright." John said, "I'll be here to help you." He pulled me in for another hug. Instead of being happy, I just felt crying even more. "Oh, before I forgot, I was wondering you'd like to go out with me today?"

"John, I'm still not ready. I'm trying to move on, and I don't think going out on a date with you, will help." I said, as I sat on the couch.

"I didn't say it's date. You assume that it is." John laughed, "it's just lunch Katy. Nothing more, nothing less." He offered his hand to me. I slowly raise mine, and took a stand.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, and don't worry about Tamara, I got her taken care of." John chuckled, as we both headed towards the door, "it's still not a date."

I feel a smile coming my way. A smile that I wasn't able to do in a while. John, always makes me smile.

As we were in the parking lot, his car was parked out front.

"Did you plan this already?" I asked, as I plastered a smile on my face.

"Maybe." John mumbled, as he opened the door for me, "after you." He winked at me. I smiled, and got inside the car.

As he was driving, I noticed that last time I was here, nothing really changed. It's almost exactly the same. The only thing that changed here is me. Yeah, me.

"So, I've also heard that your new album was a double platinum." John started, "congrats." He was laughing, as he glance at me.

"How many things have you heard about me?" I asked, as I raised my left eyebrow.

He snickered, "don't worry, not a lot."

I smiled, and glance back at the window. We were passing a street full of pine trees. I was staring at deeply, until I saw something, that caught my attention. And it's no way that was Ethan's car. I squinted at the side mirror, to see the plate number, and it wasn't.

Maybe, I just really miss him. Everything reminds me of him.

"Is something wrong?"

I shook my head, "no. Nothing."

-----

We stopped in front of his house. I suddenly felt strange. Out of all the places that he will take me to, I never thought it would be this one.

"You're probably wondering why we're here." John said, as he stopped the engine,"we are having lunch here, if that's okay with you."

I shrugged, and got out the car. As we were heading towards his driveway, my heel broke, and I fell into his arms. We were staring at each other so close, that we're so close from kissing.

"I've got you." John said, smiling. I shuffled back quickly. I had to break the awkward staring between us. It's just way too weird.

"So, how's your mom doing?" I asked, as I tried coming up with another topic of he answers this quickly. There's this weird fluttering happening inside my stomach.

"Oh, she's great." John said, as he opened up the door, "she's been wondering where you were."

"Oh." Is all I could say. I have no other response. I got inside his living room, and I cuddled myself to keep warm. It's a bit cold inside his living room.

"The heat will come in a minute, it's been acting up for a while now." John said, as he stuffed his hands inside his pockets, "oh, and Chinese food is coming too, if that's okay with you."

I nodded. I sat on his leather couch, and look towards the t.v even though it's not on. This whole thing is awkward. Reuniting with John is awkward. Everything is awkward.

He took a seat next to me, and the whole room is quiet. I swear I can hear my own heartbeat pumping faster. I'm just going to turn on the t.v. The remote was in between us, so I slowly moved my hand. Our pinkie touched. We both came up with idea turning on the television. Great, I just made this awkward even more.

I glance at him, who also happens to be looking at me. We were just staring at each other so deep, that it's so weird and awkward.

I was about to break it, until he leaned in for a kiss.