THIRTY-EIGHT

Chapter XXXVIII- Miscommunication

(Ethan's POV)

I wonder where she went. I haven't seen her since when I was confined at hospital, and that was a week ago. I tried going to her house, calling her, text messaging her, but there was no answer.

I am worried.

(Katy's POV)

I sat along with Angela and Tamra inside my bedroom. My phone rings again.

"Are you gonna answer that?" Tamra sighed, "that's like 45 times he's calling you. Answer it already."

"Yeah Kate." Angela retorted.

I sighed, "look, you guys just don't get it. He played me. All the things he said to me was just all a plan to get Norma back. I shouldn't have trusted him." I scrunched my fist.

"You don't know that Kate." Tamra sighed,
"What if he said something else?"

"I doubt that." I rolled my eyes, "he's a liar, nothing more, nothing less."

"Kate, before you do what you're planning to do, talk to him first before this whole thing gets ugly. I mean, he's been calling you lots of times, he keeps coming back here asking about you, doesn't that give you any sign that you might've heard it wrong?"

"Whose side are you on?!!" I exclaimed standing up, "what I heard was right. He played me, and I'm playing him back. Just watch." I picked up my phone to call him.

"What are you doing?" Ange asked.

"You'll see."

I dialed his phone number, waiting for him to answer.

"Miss Perry?" I can hear the relief in his voice, "where the hell have you been, I've bee-" I cut him off.

"Pick me up at my house in half hour, I'm gonna take you somewhere." I said with no emotion.

"Okay, I'll be there."

"Good." I hung up quickly.

I stare somewhere else, thinking of ways to break his heart. I've done it before, I can do it again.

"Uh-Oh, I know that look." Tamra shook her head, "Katy, whatever you're getting your self into, please stop it already."

"Why don't you just shut up, and be my assistant for once?" I retorted, "I don't pay you to get into my business. Talk to me like that again, you're fired." I rolled my eyes, as I stood up, and went out of my room.

They just don't get me. I'm tired of getting hurt.

(Ethan's POV)

I hurriedly get into my car, rushing, to not be late. I step on to the gas pedal, making the car move faster. I tap on the steering wheel, hoping that I'd get there.

Finally l've arrived. I quickly got off my car, and rushed into her doorstep. I knock a couple of times. The door opens; revealing Tamra, and Angela.

"Tam, Ange." I greeted them, "where's Kate?"

"She's getting ready, come on in." Tam gestured inside. I got inside her lounge room, and sat one the U shape couch.

"Do you have any idea why she never came back to the hospital?" I asked both of them, maybe they'll know.

They both glance at each other, probably wondering who'll answer the question.