FORTY-FOUR

Chapter XLIV- Good Acts

(Ethan's POV)

A week later from the ball, I still thought of what has happened. I have been having this state where I stare deeply somewhere far, and think of just my stupid little mistakes.

See, it's easy how we can push people, but the aftermath of it is the hard part. It's hard not knowing if you did the right thing or not. Just like my case.

I'll always remember the first time I started falling for her. She makes me me happy in a way no one else can. I may have regret the way I ended things with her, but I never regret not once, of what we had.

Then it hits me. She's smiling, she's laughing, she's happy; but it's not because of me. She's way too happy with him than with me.

People say that sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. I don't even know if that's worth believing.

The thought of someone touching her makes me sick to the stomach. It's not something I want to think of.

What screws me up most in life is the picture in my head of how it's supposed to be.

There are still moments when I forget who she is. I forget about her fame, her money, and the millions of people crying, and screaming over her. And in those moments; I just see her. A girl with eyes so magical you could stare at them forever. Who has a smile so bright, even the whole entire world falls head over heels. A girl with laughters so precious, it makes me smile.

But then in reality starts to set in, and I began to realize that even though she means the world to me, she only sees me as the person who broke her heart badly. I hated myself for asking too much of her.

Somethings I can fix, and somethings I can't. And I just think that it's a shame to walk away from things I can.

Like I've said, I'm gonna get her back, and win back her heart, and trust. I just don't want to feel like this for the rest of my entire life.

I waited outside of the Capitol Records. I'm gonna be her ride today, and there's not a thing she can say to make me leave. I'm about to unleash my annoying side.

I lean on the wall, tapping my feet on the ground; waiting for her. She's taking an awful lot of time. She should be out like five minutes ago. As what my assistant said.

"Yeah, I'll be home tonight." A voice caught my entire attention, "I'm just waiting for him to come. Hmm, bye Ange, and see you later." And that's how I knew it's Katy.

I didn't leave my spot. I stay hidden. She stood by the curb waiting, who I'm guessing John. She's gonna have to wait a little longer. Little does she know that John wouldn't be coming. I made him busy for today. He has no idea what I'm capable of.

I can see her that she's starting to panic.

"John, where are you?" She panicked, "really? It's fine it's alright. I guess I'll just see you later."

Now is finally the great time to offer her a ride.

"I literally have no ride." She groaned.

I tip toed my way to her. I tap her shoulder. As she shifts to me, her smile faded.

"Ethan?"

"You need a ride right? Now get inside. It's not safe to be out at this time." I started pulling her to where my car is.

"What do you think you're doing?!!" She pulled away from me.