FIFTY SIX

FIFTY SIX
"Lies beneath us."

(Katy's POV)

Unaware of his sudden appearance, I ignored the fact that ever since I entered the room, his eyes has not left me. I glance between Tamra and Angela who's giving me this supporting look, and that they'll be here for me whatever happens tonight. Hopefully, nothing too revealing about Ethan's past with Dean.

We sat around the rosewood oval table still having a little bit of tension between Dean and I. Glancing at Ethan, he seems to be oblivious about everything, Tamra and Angela already knows, so that leaves Norma. I gave her a quick look but she doesn't meet my eye.

The three of them sat in front of us, leaving Tamra, Angela, and I on the other side. I leveled down my gaze, and into the bottom of the table still not knowing what to do with his sudden appearance. By the look of his face, it looks like he's planning something. That smirk written across his face is all too familiar. Just like last time the three of us were in the same room together.

That memory is something I would never forget. Because of that, because of him, I've lost the Ethan I know and loved. Now, he's different. The look in his eyes are different. It's like another person inside of him. It's not Ethan anymore. It's someone that looks exactly like him. But, despite having that, there's still a few things about him that didn't change at all. Not even with his amnesia.

During our little project together that we did for his company, those moments that I spent with him made me realize that even though the looks have changed, a few little things still have not been erased. They are still there, but barely breathing.

His corny jokes didn't change at all. It's actually one of the most memorable things he does for me that didn't change despite his amnesia. He still fails every single time he tries to make me laugh. It's kind of ironic though if I think about it. It seems like his usual on-going fails makes me laugh no matter how corny the joke is. I still burst out laughing. I'm glad that didn't change at all.

His obsession with chicken alfredo still hasn't changed. It's like the same old Ethan, but different. He still remembers being in love with his favorite food. I find it interesting because people say that you'll eventually forget your favorite food and move on to another one, but in his case it's another way around. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but so far that's what I feel and no matter how much I want to change it, I can't.

But it's not all too bad.

I could probably talk myself to the rest of the night reasons why there's a few things that didn't change at all in Ethan, but there's one special thing that absolutely feels the same, maybe even more.

His sweet chaste kiss. The way he brushes his lips against my very own, millions of butterflies flying around my stomach is still there. The feelings are still there. It's like he didn't even leave at all. It's like he's mine again, and I'm his. My own heartbeat still acts crazy with its rapid fast pumping when his lips descends against mine, and the way I close my eyes and try catching every bit of feeling I can get before his kiss ends. The feeling that I get when he kisses me still hasn't changed. It actually elevated. I just wish that the look in his eyes goes back to normal.

"Ethan, this is really good." Angela chuckled, swirling the pasta around her fork. "You're a really good cook."

"I didn't cook it." Ethan admitted. "Katy did. Actually I was glad that she came at the time I was preparing it because if she didn't, this house right now is probably burning." He chuckled, earning a fee laughters from us.

"Don't give me full credit, you helped too." I said, playing with my fork around my empty plate.

"Yeah, by just washing the utensils you used." Ethan smiled, straightly looking towards my eyes.