FIFTY EIGHT

A/N: I never realized that I had a lot of remaining chapters for this story that I haven't posted. So, here's one of them. Hope you enjoy and my apologies for being gone again for 10,000 years.

FIFTY EIGHT

***Katy's POV***

As the day runs dark, it pains me that I have to leave his sight.

Ethan offered to drive me back home, the car slightly quiet as a song faintly plays in the background.

Words by Gregory Isakov

He doesn't notice but I quickly steal a look, admiring how he drives as we pass by the tunnel.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. As if I was in a movie, the world moves slowly, at ease. I look away, leaning my head against the slightly cold window, looking toward the moon, shining so brightly.

I wish for things to hurt a little less from now.

—-

"We're here." Ethan spoke.

"That's my cue to leave." I smiled awkwardly, slowly heading out of his car.

It feels like my feet is dragging itself. Every step is heavy. The cold wind, running through my skin, sending shivers down my spine.

"Katy, wait."

I turn around, seeing him jog his way toward me. I stop on my tracks, looking straight at him, who is standing four feet away from me.

To my surprise, he put both of his hand on my face, glazing toward my eyes.

"My mind might've forgotten, but my heart remembers." Ethan said tenderly, his voice softer than before. "I know it hurts."

I couldn't keep my tears at bay. They slowly started to come up shore. Ethan wipes away my tears with a smile.

I nodded before he buries me in his arms. God, he smells like home. I miss being inside his arms, safe and sound. I wish I could stay in forever. Ethan rested his chin on my head, both of us standing in front of my house comfortably.

—-

I close the door behind me, leaning my back against it. I imagine everything today. I smile at the thought, my heart feeling a little lighter than most days.

"I imagine things went great today." Angela pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yes it did."

"Well, I'm glad things are starting to look up for you."

I make my way to the cough where I have decided to lay on to. I threw myself like a rag doll, resting peacefully.

"You should've seen us today." I smiled. "We were like a  couple."

"I miss seeing you like this."

"Me too." I nodded. "I miss being this happy."

I close my eyes for a second, replaying today's events in my head like my favorite movie.

A knock on the door pulls me back out.

"It's probably Ethan, I'll get it."

I got up in the quickest way possible, almost stumbling on the way to the door. I open it, to my surprise it wasn't him.

"John." I mumbled quietly.

"Can we talk for a second?"

I look back toward Angela for a second, giving her a reassuring look before heading outside.

"Is everything okay?"

John remained quiet in front of me. He looks anxious, worrying me.

"I know I can't ever replace him but I have to let you know something." John said. "I still love you Katy. Always have, always will."

I said nothing.

"I know I have hurt in you in the past but if you give me another chance I will give you what you deserve."

I still said nothing.

John walks toward me, bringing us a little closer.

"John, I—"

He shuts me up with a kiss. I stand frozen in place. John pulls away, looking toward at me. Through my peripheral vision, I see Ethan standing, also frozen in place.

A tear escaped through the corner of my left eye.

"Ethan..."

I walk toward him but he quickly goes back inside his car, driving away.

—-

Ethan's POV

I could feel my heart breaking into pieces, all the sound around me sounds muffled. I drive away from her place, the rain pouring harder.

Without notice, tears falls down endlessly, my hands gripping the steering wheel. I continue driving without paying attention to my surrounding.

It replays in my head.

It keeps replaying.

I am lost in the thought of them.

The sound of a truck honking pulls me out of my thoughts. Realizing that I am in the wrong lane, I steer hard right, avoiding the truck that almost collided with my car. I pull aside, leaving my car.

I slowly brought myself on the ground, pulling my legs against my chest. I cover my ears, the pain becoming unbearable.

—-

As soon as I enter my home, my hair, clothes drowned in rain, Norma stops me from my track.

"Ethan, what happened to you?" Norma asked with concern

I look toward her, her eyes, hoping it was Katy's. Without a thought, I pull her in, kissing her like my life depends on it. I undress her, her clothes falling to the floor. I quickly place my hand around her waist, pulling her up. Norma wrapped her legs around my waist, not leaving my lips.

I lay her down on the couch, continuing to kiss her like I have never before. I pulled away, looking toward her eyes hoping it was someone else.

Someone my heart wants.