Chapter XXIII- Circle The Drain

-Ethan's POV-

There was a man standing right in front of me. He's about 6 foot tall, and he's a red head. I slowly walk towards him. He wasn't facing me, but facing the scenery of the beach. I slowly move my hand, but as I was halfway; he turned around.

"Ethan, I'm glad you're here." My father said.

What is going on? My father is dead. I couldn't remember how he died exactly but Why am I seeing him at this very moment. Is this some sort of message?

"Dad, what is going on?" I mumbled.

He settled a hand on my shoulder.

"This is all your fault, this is all your fault, this all your fault, this is all your fault, this is all your fault." His voiced echoed through my ear, as if I was being tortured.

I was in full of fear, I breathed in and out, but it wasn't helping. I closed my eyes tightly, as I opened them back up, he was gone. But the voice still kept going.

No! This is isn't happening.

I yelled, crouching down on the ground. I covered my ears, but I could still hear his voice, and his words getting through me.

"Stop! Please stop!" I yelled, waking up into reality.

I sighed, and felt sweat dripping all over my face. I was covered in them. I suddenly felt thirsty.

"Babe, are you okay?" Norma asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine just had a bad dream that's all." I pretended, "let's just go back to sleep okay?"

"Alright." Norma smiled at me, then we went back to sleep.

-Norma's POV-

He's not acting right these days. Katy is not making it any better. Reminding him about his past, is not right. He cannot ever remember who she is, what she is to him. I'm never gonna lose him again.

I couldn't get back to sleep, I just thought about how bad things can get if he ever does remember. I cannot let that happen.

Katy has to disappear.

-Ethan's POV-

Last night was such a blur. Worst night of my life. It was really painful for me to hear those words come out of my dad's mouth.

"Hey, you're doing it again." Katy snapped her fingers in front of my face, "is there something wrong here?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." Katy laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Miss Perry, I'm serious."

"Ask away."

"Do you know how my father died?"

"Are you sure you want to know?" Katy glance at me, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I already got hurt." I sighed, "please tell me."

"Alright." Katy started, "it was December of that night 2005."

I closed my eyes, and waited too flash something before me.

"It was Friday night, and your dad was drunk because your father had a brutal argument with your mom." Katy started, "you were with him." Katy's voice echoed, as blurry images started flashing.

I see my father, drunk, as he was walking towards our car.

"Dad, let me drive." I stopped him.

"I can handle it." He slurred, as he inserted the car key inside the ignition. There he started driving.

We were in a highway, and so far everything is going good.

"Your mom doesn't understand." My father laughed.

"Eyes on the road dad." I laughed along with him. This is worse than I thought.

"You were always my favorite." My dad smiled at me before, falling the car into a cliff, smashing us into the river.

"Dad!" I yelled.

"No!" I yelled myself back to reality.

I fell to the ground, crouching as I remember every bits of memory. I remembered it, and I wish I hadn't.

"I saw it." I started to cry, "it was all my fault. It was all my fault." I repeated it, "it's my fault the reason why he died."

I curled up, and cried even more. I wish I hadn't known about any of this.

"No, Ethan it's not." Katy crouched down in front of me.

"No, it's my fault." I started, "if I just stopped him from driving he would've still be alive."

"Ethan." Katy pulled me into a hug, "nothing is your fault."

"I wish I could change everything right now, and bring him back." I cried harder.

The pain throbs and pulses in my skull, not a sharp pain like a knife-inflicted wound, but more of a dull pounding with a hammer over...and over...and over again. My brain feels like it's on overdrive, but at the same time can't process properly. Images and ideas and plans and deadlines run through my head, but they're chasing each other round and round. My mind can't catch a single one, but gets pounded with all of them at the same time as they ricochet and slam into the walls of my head.

The next thing I know, I was unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; I don't know if this is a long chapter, or a short one but I hope you enjoy. I think this a cliffhanger chapter.

#QOTD; Should Callie come back to the story?

(Mines is I don't know, that's why I'm asking you guys)

#SOTD; Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran 😍💘💞

(I'm in love with the song, even though I've known it for a while)