LXVIII

(Disclaimer - Violence)

The sight of him pushed her body to the ground. 

Noises of the wind picked up in the rustling of the trees, yet for that moment, everything was silent. There was no sound like the world was hanging on a brittle string or looking with fear at the precipice of annihilation.

Her soft flesh felt as if it had fallen beneath the soil in which she stood and all that was left of her was an unstable frame. On the exterior, she remained still but the inside of her body only tasted pure fear.

It was hot and harsh.

She held his gaze, not with strength but submission.

There was nothing she could do. The same response that would occur once an individual discerned everything was said and done and there was no more use fighting. 

He was there, he had made it through their defences.

Yiğit furrowed his brow in the distance, merely analysing her and she softened hers, as her last attempt to plead with him. They held the expansive eye contact for what felt like an eternity until ultimately, someone made their move.

Sanem turned and took a final look at Aziz who was naively emersed in his own entertainment, just for a glimpse of hope. Before she could scream, the only insufficient act that appeared was her desperate eyes, almost begging for help on their own. It was only then that she could see him running towards her in her peripheral vision.

She inhaled, ready to yell but his hands were on her mouth before she could speak.

"You scream and I'll do something I'll regret." He warned harshly at the shell of her ear, making her wince.

Snaking his arm around her waist, he got a good hold of her.

"Tamam, you come with me and there will be no problems. I won't hurt you and everything will be fine-"

She was about to struggle and abruptly noticed the sharp metal at the base of her throat.

"Are you going to fight?" He tightened his jaw.

Sanem shook her head rapidly, trying to calm the anxiety furiously screaming at her.

"Iyi."

Grabbing the heavily pregnant young woman by both shoulders, he watched her carefully for a moment, judging whether or not she would shout. Knowing that they needed to get out of sight, he ushered her back up the drive and deep into the thicket.

The pines had never felt this tall and looming in all of her life. Each of them watched her, like a crowd of people against a wanted individual. Upon the needle carpet, broken logs and tree bark pieces littered the floor like fallen soldiers in this land. As she had wondered before, the forest no longer seemed to instil the feeling of comfort and cosiness as it once had. It now looked in on her and watched her every step.

Clumsily, she fumbled against the crunchy soil as her shoes were not built for this terrain. As she was dragged through this never-ending emerald landscape, all she could do was distress as the surroundings edged darker and darker, heading further into the emptiness of the woodland.

She had never gone this far into the forest, even with Can.

Oh, Can.

The memory of him seemed like a lifetime ago and every part of her body wanted her to cry. 

Scanning around as the man now had her hands together in his grasp, they had been walking for so long, it felt like this was her new life. This horrible place with nobody else but him.