XLII

I believe in fairy tales.

I believe that the prince from the fairy tale will always love me.

That he will carry me in his heart,

Through the darkness and through the light.

-

(Sanem's POV)

I don't know when it was, but at some point in my life, I forgave him.

I realised that my love for him was larger than any hatred I would ever have, even if that love never had another chance.

I spoke before about a rebirth, beginning my life again.

And I did, in a way.

When he returned, so did my old self, my healthy happy self.

The rebirth of me.

I am happy now, much more than I ever thought I could be.

I wish that I could tell myself a year back that I would be sat in the place that I am, with the man I love, who I thought would never return to me.

I wish I could tell her to dream the impossible, believe in the things that other people would say are ridiculous.

Because everything is possible.

Obviously, there are still difficulties we face, but we face them together.

Everything takes time.

I can't believe these words when I say that I have a future with this man, one which is exciting and full of promise.

I love him more than anything.

I will always love him.

-

(Can's POV)

When I met her, everything changed.

And the second time around was no different.

To see her for the first time after everything was more difficult than I even thought leaving her could be.

I needed her to trust me, to understand me again.

The only thing I would ever want was her trust.

As the weeks went by, I learnt that in order to become stronger, we had to understand both of our different points of view.

After a year apart, we had changed as people, but that didn't mean we would never be right for each other again.

It took time, and it still does.

We are taking everything slowly and as it comes.

The fact that I can wake up with her small body in my arms is enough for me.

Just her being with me is enough.

We have not been out for long but the time we have spent together has been worth my whole life.

I can't even believe these words in the place I am standing.

I love her more than anything.

I will always love her.

-

The sea, perfectly calm, was like a peaceful lake, and its soft murmurs were scarcely audible. The waves seemed to sleep. A line of darker blue marking the curve of the horizon. It was exactly how she had imagined it to be, a glassy blue expanse partnered with white foam at the tip of every wave. It glistened against the sunlight like a chest of only the finest jewels.