IV

"I hope Emre didn't come home last night with all your racket." 

And he left her with that, strolling out of the room to make breakfast.

Fuck.

She had completely forgotten that they might not have been alone. 

It just seemed like her and Can. 

Swiftly, she became self-aware in her plight and got herself up out of the bed; blue sheets wrapped around her body. Her eyes darted around the room but her dress from last night was nowhere to be seen. 

It was not on the chair where he had put it. 

What else could have happened to it?

Sanem looked up in understanding.

He'd hidden it. 

Of course, he'd hidden it.

She was so annoyed with him but the large smile on her face wouldn't subside. 

He was such an ass. 

Sanem meandered to the door, sticking only her head out, considerately beckoning him but there was no response. 

Honestly.

She propelled the sheets completely over her body so she was completely covered. Only her face was visible and her hands were desperately grasping where the edges of the fabric met. The hard wood floor made her bare feet cold as she cautiously tiptoed across the hall into the kitchen, her fingers holding onto the thin fabric for dear life. 

All she hoped was that Emre wasn't there.

If he was, she would be mortified.

The brother of her partner... and also her boss.

From what she knew, he had moved back in latterly after his exile and had all the reason to be there with them. 

She didn't know how to feel about Emre. From the moment she met him to the person she imagined at that moment, he was a criminal, a wretch. Much of her life as an early employee had been going out of her way to destroy it, under the tutelage of what she naively assumed was the superior boss.

Of course, she was wrong.

Through his clever little game of bribery when her family needed it, Sanem had followed his tasks to the ends of the earth, damaging the company and Can's reputation in the process. 

She had come to learn that it was hate-filled jealousy that led to this distasteful scheming. Can had been the successful brother, with a career and prospects and the advertising business their father ran was meant to pass to him.

But of course, it didn't.

Sanem had made it evident to Emre after his unveiling that she wanted them to keep their distance, strengthening her resolve but now, he was crawling right back to Can's pocket. Hoping with guilt perhaps, that he would let his brother back into his world.

And after all of this, Sanem was surprised Can had let her back in his life, let alone Emre. In all honestly, the relationship between the brothers was as tense as it had ever been but Can was aware that he needed a place to stay. 

From what she knew, he was doing this out of kindness.

She shook the thought from her head, recentering herself.

Neither of the brothers were anywhere to be seen.

Sanem hadn't seen the time since the night before and the only light in the room was the orange-pink sunrise that shone through the glass double doors from the garden. It lit up the living room, leaving a slight tinge to the carpet, making her feel comforted somehow.