LV

Shock paralysed her but all she could do was smile.

Smile for the absolute beauty of his planning, smile for his courage and smile for his declaration.

Gracefully, she held out her hand and a tear of joy rolled down her cheek.

Moving gently, he pushed the ring onto her finger and only now did she realise.

"How did you...?" She grinned, noticing the ring was the one she had kept on her chain for so long. 

The moonstone ring. The one he had made himself for her.

The one that held the most meaning than any other object.

Sanem was his light in the darkness.

She watched his eyes soften like velvet and his direct attention made her melt. He hinted a soft grin and reached out his hand for hers.

Those hands for loving, holding and exploring each other. Hands that stood as maps to the soul. Extremities that trembled or stood strong, showing the emotion of the individual. These hands that had fought each other were now the hands that were united forever.

His mighty hands held hers tenderly and nurtured them in his grasp.

Can looked up at her and smiled, raising his eyebrows.

Without question, Sanem nodded.

Her head soon became dizzy from the incessant movement and Can grinned at her.

"One thousand times yes."

Her lip quivered and the waterfall of emotion ensued.

"Hey, it's okay." 

He brought her into one of his bear hugs, in which she remained for some time. The protection and the safety of his muscular grasp was the only thing that could protect her from the world and care for her as it did. 

That was all she needed.

Peaking her head out, Can had never been so delighted.

Any worry of hers, he just wanted to settle.

"Everything will be better this time, everything will be different, I promise that I won't-"

Can halted his speech as Sanem put a gentle finger to his lips, brushing her skin against his beard. She reached out and cupped his face in her hands and smiled.

"What did I say?" She whispered cheekily.

Can grinned. "We look forward."

"Exactly."

For a moment, the intensity was piping hot like fire. Not a word was spoken but their eyes spoke thousands. In amongst the quiet was so many emotions and thoughts that hung in the air but all they could do was look at each other.

They both smiled and finally succumbed to the urge.

Slowly, their lips came together, further igniting the life in their bonfire hearts.

-

From that day forth, light was once again restored.

Everything had been like the pieces of a broken jigsaw prior but now, there could be no more worries or troubles. It was as if the sky was brighter, the air crisper, the smiles wider and the joy stronger. 

Everything was more intense, more vibrant.

Once more, the feeling of life had been revitalised.

Sanem thought back to the occasions that she had experienced this weird but wonderful sensation. Events like before their first engagement and when Can returned back to her.