1 - Beginning

The bright sunlight streamed through your open windows, blinding you.

"Gah...Plume...Go close the curtains.." You grumble, turning to the other side of the bed, the sunlight warming your back.

Your white Exceed was fluttering around the room, cleaning. "No. It's time to wake up!" She tries to flip your covers off, but fails.

She decided to settle for yelling in your ear. "Wake up!" She cries, as you lazily prop yourself up. "Urgh..what time is it..?" You ask, rubbing your eyes.

"Noon. Probably." Plume pouts, "you promised to go to the market, remember?"

You wince, and gingerly step out of bed.

"Nope, too cold." You disappear under the covers again, as Plume heaves a big sigh.

___

"The sunlight is so nice.." You yawn, as Plume flutters behind you. You were walking to the market, determined to get a good bargain.

"(Y/N), you really don't look li-"

You interrupt with a dramatic sigh. "Man, I wonder what I should eat today," You ponder loudly, trying to avoid the topic. 

"Oh! Oh!" You sigh with happiness, as you approach the shop. "There must be some good capes here."

Plume sighs, her tail flicking back and forth in annoyance. Her butterfly-patterned kimono was ironed to perfection, and her flower which sat on-top of her head was there.

As usual.

Then you, the girl with the unusual eyes. Heterochromia. Most people were terrified by the contrast between your left and right eye. With one blue eye, the other dark reddish-brown, sometimes, the contrast terrified yourself. 

The crown clip you were given from Plume, clipped your hair back. You never bothered to go anywhere without it. Usually.

You entered the dark shop, glancing around for a cape.

'Ah. There, perfect.'

Your eyes landed on a white cape, with a red edge. It looked new, and waiting for an owner. You hurried over, and picked it up.

Strange, it felt light. Almost as if..it wasn't there. Then you realized it wasn't. Your eyes widened as your lips curled into a smile.

'Magic cape!'

"Jackpot!" You whispered excitedly to Plume, who was inspecting the cape, interested. "Try it on." She urged, her eyes gleaming.

You threw on the cape, and excitedly watched it settle on your shoulders. You thought, invisible, invisible, invisible.

"(Y/N)? You still there?" Plume asks, her eye twitching.

"I'm here." You whisper, amazed. "Hey, Plume...can we afford this one?"

___

After a few arguments with the shop owner, you earned the cape. You admired it in the mirror, your eyes sparkling.

"Ah!" You crashed into the mirror, suddenly bumped by a fast-moving force. "Hey, watch it!" You yelp, not noticing the mirror and the mirrors behind it was starting to fall.

"Watch out!" A voice cried out, and something pressed against you. "Wha-" You were cut off, as the mirrors crashed down behind you.

"Are you okay?" A pair of sharp black eyes were level with your eyes. His hands propped himself from the ground.

Ach. You were under him. You wiggle under his gaze. "Are you okay?" You ask back, your face full of concern.

"I should be fi-ow, ow, ow.."

Your eyes widen as he stands up, and offers a hand to you. "Thanks." You hoist yourself up, and brush your butt.

Plume hovers next to you. "Are you okay?" She asks, but was staring curiously at a blue Exceed. "Yeah." He grins, and says, "Treat your savior to a meal?"

___

You stare in amazement as..Natsu, as he called himself, and Happy the Exceed were wolfing down food in record time.

"S-slow down!" You stuttered. "Where does all that food go anyway?!"

Natsu stopped for a second. "Good question." He munched , as he spoke. "I don't know." He goes back to wolfing down the rice.

Your eyebrow twitched, as you watched both of them dumped food into their mouths. "Where are you two from?"

"Fairy Tail." Nom nom nom.

The name catches your attention. "Fairy Tail?"

"Yeah. Wanna join?" He asks, rice all over his face, as Happy doesn't even stop for a breath.

"Okay, su-Wait, what?"

Plume jumps up, and leaps onto the table. Her paws? Okay. Her paws on her hips. "This isn't a joke right?" She demands.

"Nope. I think we can use people like you, Plume-san." Happy glances up with a happy-go-lucky smile on his face.

"Good, let's go to Fairy Tail!" Natsu cries, pumping his fist in the air, all the rice on his face, gone.

___

'The guild was just as big as I imagined. Grand? Not so much. But it certainly feels fun, comfy, and homey.'

You marveled at all the people drinking, laughing, and having a good time. There were others in the corner, crowded by a board. Funny. They were also joking around.

"(Y/N), over here!" Natsu grabs your hand, and pulls you over to the bar. Badump. You almost thought your heart skipped a beat.

There, on the counter, sat a tiny elderly man. His mustache was impressive, and he wore a poker face.

"Mak..arov...Dreyar?!" Your eyes widened, as Plume gasped behind you. She flew up to his face, and immediately hugged him.

"It couldn't be...(Y/N)?" He asks, uncertainly. You just remembered something, and covered your face with your hand. "Nope."

"It's you! Where have you been?? Your parents have been worried sick." He flatly said, clearly disappointed in you.

Natsu broke the tension. "Old man Makarov, can she join?"

You wore a hopeful smile, hoping he would agree. "Your parents don't know anything about this, right?" He asks, seriously.

"Ah...they probably figured I'd do this..." You admitted, sheepishly.

He sighed and nodded. "You're in." He grins and gives you a thumbs up. "Great!!" Natsu picks you up, and spins you.

Your eyes were wide when he set you down. "Oh, my.." Plume smirks behind Natsu, her fan out and covering her face.

Badump.

'That definitely wasn't a heart skip.'

'Right?'

Can't Help It ; NatsuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara