Dragon Breath

^what I do in my free time

You were about to wake up Natsu, when you decided you would prank him.

Pouring his daily coffee for him, you were scheming up an evil plan.

"Can't you just pour salt in his coffee?" Plume lazily asked, yawning.

You looked at her, startled. "Can you read my mind?"

She shook her head. "It's all written on your face." She smoothed down her kimono.

"Salt in coffee...I wonder how that tastes?" You grinned as you took out the salt.

As you were carefully measuring, something ran into you, causing you to jolt.

The salt was all dumped into the coffee.

'Um...I think that's un-drinkable.'

You looked down. Yuki was glancing up at you, her tail wagging with joy.

She probably thought you were making her breakfast. "...Yuki!" You scolded her, softly.

She simply stared up at you, her tongue out and her tail still wagging furiously.

You turned back to the counter where you cleaned up the salt mess, and left Natsu's warm coffee on the counter to cool down.

Heading into Lucas's room, you gently opened the creaky door. "Lucas...?" You squinted your eyes. The room was still dark, and his curtains were drawn shut.

You slowly made your way to his bed, weaving through the toys on the ground, careful to not step on them.

"I thought I told you to clean your room..." You looked down at the sleeping boy.

You leaned down, kissed his forehead, and mussed his hair.

Lucas was a light sleeper, and when you mussed his hair, his head gently turned from side to side.

His eyes opened, but just barely. "...a few more minutes." He responded, before cuddling back into the warmth of his covers.

"No, you have to get up, now...Mama accidentally woke you up too late." You worriedly checked the clock ticking on the wall.

"You're going to be late for school, Lucas..." You sighed.

"Your breakfast is on the table!" You answered, leaving his door open as you left.

Rin was still in her crib, but now wide awake. And she stared at you with big eyes as you walked in.

And almost immediately, she stretched out her arms towards you.

'I take that back. Maybe you prefer me more than Gray.'

You patted her on the head, and whispered to Rin that her daddy would take care of her.

Tiptoeing to Natsu, who was happily sleeping on the bed, you woke him up by shaking him.

"...(Y/N)." Natsu's arms wrapped around your neck.

"Wa-wait!" You tried to support yourself as you fell towards the fluffy sheets.

"Sleep." Natsu muttered.

"We just slept!" You tried to remove his hands around your neck. "It's time to wake up..."

"Sleep, (Y/N). You have bags under your eyes."

"That's only because I have to take care of Rin..."

"I help...right?" Natsu's voice sounded hopeful.