9 - Contest

With a huge effort, and a goal for today, you open your eyes, and get out of your bed, careful to not awake the sleeping Natsu next to you.

You shiver at the sudden coldness, as a hand shoots out from under the covers. "Don' leave..." A muffled voice was heard from under the warm blankets.

Your eyes widen in surprise. But then, you realize Natsu was sleep-talking. Again.

You try to wriggle free from his tight grip. Forgetting he was stronger than you, you get yanked back into bed.

This time, in his embrace.

Your cheeks turn pink, as you feel his warm body behind yours. You could feel his warm breath on your cheek.

You immediately slid out from his arms, when you spotted an opening.

Unfortunately, as much as you wanted to stay in bed with Natsu, who refused to sleep on the couch, there was no way you could last without dying from the redness of your cheeks.

"(Y/N), we need to talk."

You look up at Plume, who was whispering in attempt not to wake up Natsu and Happy. You nod, and lead her out to the balcony, closing the door behind you.

"Your parents called you, didn't they?" Plume gazes out to the town, that was shrouded in mist.

You lean against the cold, hard wall, feeling more awake than ever. "You're smart, Plume."

"I didn't become your companion for nothing, you know?" She smiles, turning to look at you.

"So what happened?"

"...I have to return to them in a years time. After another year, staying at 'home' I can return."

"So you have about...12 months left, huh..?" Plume remained calm, as her eyes questioned you.

"Yeah."

"What are you going to do about Natsu, (Y/N)?"

You struggle to meet her eyes. Casting your eyes to the ground, you shake your head. "What can I do? He's just..he just doesn't understand."

Plume sighs, "then make him understand." Her kind smile was as bright as the sun, as she flew back inside.

You stare at the town, mesmerized. Make him understand? What does that even mean? To confess?

Just imagining a confession made your head spin. You walked back inside, hand to your cheek.

___

"Miss Fiore..?" You question Mirajane, who was handing you a flyer. "Yes, I think you should join this year's competition."

You tilt your head. "Me? But I'm not pretty!"

Mirajane touches her fingertips to her lips, slightly taken aback.

"(Y/N), you are so beautiful. In every way, you don't even know. And that makes you even more pretty." She smiles. 

You didn't know how to respond to that. "What books have you been reading? And just how many people have you said that to?" 

  "It is my job to recruit more people for this."   

"Thank you...? I guess." 

"Oh, and (Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"I may have forgotten to tell you earlier. It starts now. Shall we go together?" She asks, making her way out the door of Fairy Tail.

"Now?!"

You run after her, panicking, and shouting, "Mira you cannot just tell me this now!"