Something- Familiar?

R e c a p

Gray's broken heart has spilled. His feelings tumbled out as he spoke with you. When Wendy asked if he was alright, he could be heard saying, "Nothing, nothing. I just had a hopeless, silly crush on someone I have no chance with."

___

As you stepped out of the building's shade, you immediately winced from the bright and intense sunlight.

"(Y/N)?"

"...Plume!" You gave her a forced smile. Behind her, hovered Happy- a cooked fish in his hands.

"Hi," she said, a little bit wary. "Is everything alright now?"

There was a pause as you didn't know how to respond. Finally, you nodded.

You turned your eyes away from her. Next to Plume, stood Lucas- standing with her.

"Mama-" he croaked. "Where have you been?"

Guilt flowed through you. You had been gone from home for a few days- without thinking of how the kids would have felt.

"Are you getting better?" You avoided his eyes, and gently ruffled his hair.

He stared up at you through his large golden eyes. "Lucas is...better," he turned his head away- clearly upset.

With a twinge of horror, you watched as he started sniffling. Sniffling. As in...crying.

You had never seen Lucas cry like this before. Sure- you've seen a few sad tears roll down his cheeks, but never these full-on confused tears rolling down.

He quickly wiped his eyes, but that wasn't enough to make them stop watering.

"Oh, Lucas..." You really felt bad now. You hadn't gone home in a few days- you hadn't told Lucas about it- and to him, it was almost like you had just disappeared.

Just like his parents. 

You knelt down, and stared straight at him. His lightly hued brown hair swayed back and forth in the breeze- while his golden eyes seeped many tears.

Then, you stretched out your arms. "Lucas- honey..." You softly called for him.

He didn't even look up. After a few more minutes of him crying, he finally ran straight for your arms- crashing into you.

He didn't hold back- he hugged you tightly. The small boy's arms wrapped around your neck as he cried into your shoulder.

Plume gave you a reprimanding look. Happy- who could not sense the strange tension, spoke up. "Where's Natsu?"

Lucas pulled away and rubbed his eyes dry. He leaned against you.

"Oh...um-" you averted your eyes. "I don't know." You said with a false cheerfulness.

"Anyway- how's Rin?" You asked, concerned and changing the topic.

"She's doing fine." Plume answered. "She misses you a lot, though."

"I'll be home tonight," you quickly answered. Lucas turned upwards, the biggest grin on his face. "Really?"

"Yeah." You smiled. "Really."

You could see Plume trying to not say anything back.

Happy flew off. "Maybe Natsu went to eat without me...?"

After a moment, Romeo broke outside, the brightest smile on his face. "Lucas! I found the BIGGEST cockroach ever...come see!"

And Lucas immediately pulled a face of disgust but he followed his friend in, anyway.

Plume crossed her arms- her tail whipping back and forth. "Are you really going to come home tonight?"

You took a deep breath and turned away from the door. "Perhaps." You shaded your eyes from the sun.

"Natsu's missed you."

You gave her a dainty sniff. "I'm sure he has."

"Don't be an idiot and leave him, (Y/N)."

Pulling a face, you turned around to leave.

"Because Natsu really, really loves you. Besides- he's one of the few good things you still have left."

Trying to ignore her words, you faltered when you heard her murmur the last ones.

"Don't do anything you would regret."

___

"Natsu." You pushed through your apartment door, sniffing the familiar scent.

Everything was perfectly clean- everything seemed in place. Except the fact that Natsu didn't seem to be there. 

As you walked inside further, you noticed the bottles of liquor lying on the table- all full. Raising your head, alert- you swore you could hear something. 

Quietly, you tiptoed into the bedroom and cracked open the door. There, you could hear a clearly somber Natsu yell, "don't come any closer!" 

You guessed there was someone else in the room. With a numb feeling stirring in the pit of your stomach, you took a small step forward. 

"I take it you did it?" A smooth, female voice shook you to the core. You had the strangest feeling you had heard this voice before. 

Silence followed. 

"Good boy." 

"Shut up, you bastard. Now it's your turn. Keep your part of the promise." 

"Feisty, feisty. But I'm an honorable person as well," you heard a sigh. "Well, then- Mr. Dragneel. I suppose I'll see you later." 

"How about never?" 

A scoff came after that. "I'm sure we'll meet in the near future." 

Still in a daze, you didn't notice the footsteps nearing the door. Suddenly, it opened and out stepped a captivating woman with beautiful pale blue hair. 

You fell back and landed on the ground. 

"Ah..." 

She stared down at you. A chill ran through you as you stared into her piercing silver eyes. As she stared at her, you felt unable to move. 

Her sharp gaze held something dangerous. "(Y/N)...sama." She slowly said your name. A hand flew to her mouth, touching her lip. 

___End of Chapter___

Oh mai, oh mai, oh mai. There's a woman-desu. Currently watching Guilty Crown episode two and being confused as fudge.

Just giving you a view of my life. 

208K Reads| 11.7K Reads| 18K Comments

Q for (Y/N): What if Natsu divorced you then would you go for Gray

(Y/N) turns inevitably red. "Divorced...?" She echos, her face an ashen gray. "I...but...Lucas, Rin..." She shook her head with force. 

"I don't know! I don't know...! Maybe? No, wait...then..." She turned even more pale. 

Q for Rin: What is your opinion on waffles? 

Rin gets a look of glee on her face as she hears the word waffles. Her father, Natsu, tries to contain her as she bounces up and down on his knee, giggling.