Who...Will You Choose?

"Lucas, you cutie patootie!" You grinned, when you saw him grab his lunch from off the counter. "Don't fall asleep in class!"

You were about to move and give him a kiss, when you felt a stabbing sensation in your stomach.

"Ey...mama?" Lucas's eyes widened when he saw you bend over, clutching your stomached. "Are you...okay?" His worried stare piercing your heart.

"I'm fine," you wheezed. "It just hurts." You grimaced. "Quite a bit!"

Lucas backed up, when Plume flew into the room, her attentive ears standing straight up. "(Y/N)?" She put her hand up. "Lucas, time to go to class."

The boy ran over to you, gave you a big kiss, and ran out the door, a terrified look on his face, as he looked back.

"No....it shouldn't be time..." You groaned. "It can't be. There's still some time left!"

___

You couldn't stop moving around in your bed. But when the door opened, you immediately stopped.

"(Y/N)?" A soft voice could be heard.

"Natsu!" You reached out your hand when you saw Natsu's pale face. "Oh thank god you're okay," he breathed.

"I thought you wouldn't make it, since you were on your Job." You trailed off, touching his cold cheek. He smirked.

"What- I can't miss this, can I?"

His hand gently lowered to brush away some strands of hair that had escaped your ponytail. "How's it coming?" He murmured.

"It can't be time..." You quietly admitted, "it's too early." Your frantic voice grew louder and louder, until Natsu's hand enveloped yours.

"I'm right here."

Your eyes snapped to his face, where he wore a calm expression. "It's going to be okay," he smiled, drawing circles on the back of your hand.

"You see, this is why I didn't want to have a child at first." You huffed, turning the other way. "You're so cute when you're scared," Natsu grinned.

"I'm glad someone is having fun." You muttered.

Soon, you heard the door opening. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel." Your doctor greeted you. "It seems...a bit early, does it not?"

Your dark eyes blinked at him. "'Doctor...will she be alright?"

The man smiled calmly, one that relaxed you. "Don't worry. This happens to over twelve percent of mothers."

Natsu smiled down at you, placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

Four-Six Hours Later

"I hate you!" You cried, holding onto his hand for dear life. "Do you know- what you're putting me through?!"

"You idiot, you idiot, you idiot!!"

"I hate you!"

The nurse chuckled a bit at Natsu's reaction.

"Do all mothers do this?" Natsu asked her softly, while stroking your hair. She smiled. "Yes, don't take it personally."

"Go away!"

You moaned in your chair, the pain washing over you. "Just make it stop..." You whined. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

And with each word, you clenched his hand a bit tighter.

"Ow...you can take it out on me, but go easy on my hand, alright?" Natsu panicked. Suddenly, the room became silent as a giant wail sounded.

"Wait...what?"