Consumed- Darkly Matters

R e c a p

After discovering Rin is a dangerous child, who could easily end the world, (Y/N) hurries home to consult her husband

___

Everything was hazy. The scenery was gray. A strange fog covered the dirt-covered ground. You could hear swords clashing and incants being chanted in the background.

You could make out the foggy silhouette of a female standing in the fog. There seemed to be a dark purple aura surrounding her.

The aura seemed so familiar, you almost doubted your eyes. But there was nothing to be in doubt of. It was your mother's intimidating air.

Purple tendrils moved about as she walked- they seemed almost like snakes. "Who are you?" You wanted to ask. But you couldn't find your voice.

As she moved closer, the fog parted for her- almost like a crowd, parting for a queen. She elegantly tossed her pink hair over her shoulder. Everything about her seemed enchanting. She seemed to be 19.

The female's large eyes opened, showing off her reddish-brown eyes- which gleamed. Her lips moved into a smile.

By her side, resting, was a katana. The grip wasn't the usual traditional cloth. Instead, it almost seemed as if it was made from some sort of metal- it had beautiful engravings on it.

Before you could take a closer look at the grip, however, there was a crashing sound coming from somewhere in the deep fog.

Whatever the thing was- it was coming closer. But the woman didn't even seem bothered. "Prepare to die, you monster!" A voice shouted.

At the last possible second, the girl turned and drew her weapon. The katana seemed to almost be possessed- it was tainted purple. The blade shimmered in the darkness, giving away the girl's location.

"Ignis et Gladius."

At her words, dark and tall flames rose from the blade- and dove straight at the shadow that had been coming closer. "Gak-!" A terrible sound followed.

You felt frozen as the tendrils dove back into the sword. A fearful thought had been nagging you ever since you had first laid eyes on her.

And what she had just said had confirmed it all.

"Rin?"

Before you could mutter the name, however, another figure stumbled out into the clearing. He had messy dark brown hair. He planted his hands on his knees as he coughed.

"You're not safe here." The girl said, her voice filled with fear. "But don't worry. I'll soon make the world into a safe haven for you."

The boy stood up, bravely. His bright golden eyes were shining brightly- even as the fog started to surround him again. "Stop. You're mad."

"No." The girl smiled back at him, as if trying to comfort him. But there seemed to be- as if- no warmth left in her and her expressions.

"Can't you see? This is for you." The dark tendrils of magic rolled off her, as she spoke. "This is all for you, Lucas." She swept her arms, showing off the fog-covered land.

A moment of silence passed, as the boy's eyes followed her motions. In his eyes, reflected Rin standing there, her red-brown eyes peering out.

"This isn't what I want, Rin." He spoke. "What are you trying to accomplish by this?" He spread out his hands, worry clouding his enchanting eyes.

She tilted her head. "All I want is to make this dreadful world a better place- somewhere where we can both live happily. Together. The world is too evil for someone as pure as you."

"I'm already happy, Rin. As long as you're there-"

"That's not true, brother." Her eyes flashed. "We've never been happy. Not since mother and father-" she seemed to choke on her words.

"Anyway." She turned. Almost at once, it was like her guard had been activated again. "Leave. Go find someplace where you can be safe. I'll be back soon."

"Rin, I can't-"

"Just leave!"

During their argument, she didn't notice another person creeping up. Not until she heard a cry, "Rin-!" At his panic-stricken cry, the girl with the pink hair turned around, her eyes large.

She witnessed her brother slowly falling to the ground. A bright red wound showed on his shirt. The bright red blood contrasted greatly against his white shirt.

His body was lifeless- she could tell. With trembling hands, her eyes raised from Lucas's dead body to his attacker.

You felt a jolt of panic and fright run through you as you saw her eyes. They were filled with so much hate, despair, panic, and fire.

The man who had stabbed Lucas now looked nervous at her gaze. He didn't even get a chance to speak, when the girl grabbed her weapon- and ran at him.

It was almost like a dream- the girl's katana ripped through his body so easily. Her cold eyes stared as the man fell to the ground, his body-

Your eyes snapped open and you sat up violently. You found yourself staring at the dresser that was located just at the foot of the bed.

Raking a shaking hand through your sweaty hair, your breathing slowly returned to normal. You blinked, trying to make the dizziness leave.

Next to you, your husband snored peacefully- undisturbed. He had no idea of the nightmare that had just haunted your dreams.

When you laid back down, and closed your eyes, you could almost hear the weapons clashing- and you could almost see the fog starting to form again.

There was no room for doubt in your mind. You knew what you had just seen- whether you liked it or not. It was certainly the future.

With a shiver, you realized that what you had just 'seen' could happen at any time. Tomorrow? Next week?

Whatever the answer was, there was one thing that you knew for certain. You couldn't fall asleep anymore. Not after that.

Definitely not after seeing your daughter turn into a murder and your son, a murderer's target. Licking your lips nervously, you got out of bed.

As you opened the door, it creaked loudly. Immediately earning a mumble from Natsu. "G-gravy..." You took a step outside, trying to be quiet.

You were unsuccessful. He sat up, slowly- rubbing his eyes. "Huh? (Y/N)?" He whispered, quietly. "What are you doing? Are you hungry?"

The fear from the nightmare before must've shown on your face. Natsu quickly got out of the bed, and walked to you, a concerned expression on his face.

At your side, your hand was still quivering violently. "(Y/N)?" He guided you to the table, where you sat.

He took a seat next to you, and stared into your eyes, boldly. "What happened? What did you see?" Your heart skipped a beat as you remembered Rin's blade slicing through the man's body, splattering blood everywhere.

___End of Chapter___

240K Reads| 13.3K Votes| 20.3K Comments