His Departure is Nearing

___2 Months Later___

After finally planning the rough date for the wedding, which was decidedly going to take place after a year, Natsu left for a job which left you, Plume, and Lucas some free time.

"You know what would be really really reaaally awesome?" Lizabeth asked, poised with a teacup in her hand.

"What?" You ask, bouncing Lucas on your knee, as he laughed. Plume sat on the table, her tail flicking back and forth.

"A pirate themed wedding!" She burst out, unable to contain her excitement. She wiggled around in her chair.

"...What now?" Plume choked on her tea, and she coughed violently.

"Yes, yes. That would be amazing." She smiled, her eyes gleaming. "Oh, Ojou..I'm so happy for you." She clutched your hand.

"T-thanks, Lizabeth." You finally say, overwhelmed by her excitement and chatter.

She had a dreamy expression as she looked at Lucas, who was toying with your hair, weaving his fingers through it.

"Pedophile..." Plume mutters, chomping down on another cookie.

"I can't believe I'm able to witness Ojou's wedding.." Lizabeth's eyes cloud over, and she dabs at them with her handkerchief.

You yelp as something cold envelops your hand. Lizabeth's large blue eyes peer up at you, her face amused.

"Is there something wrong?" She asks, toying with the ring on your finger. You sigh. "You're having too much fun."

She grins, "you're just not having enough." Lucas wiggled from your lap. "Mama, I'm bored!" He pouted.

You laugh, ruffling his hair. "Mama's talking with her friend, Lucas." He stared up at you with his puppy dog eyes.

"What have you learned from your dad.." You groan, slapping a hand over your face.

Lizabeth chuckles. "What a nice family you have, (Y/N)." She taked a sip of her coffee.

Plume stands up, her expression defiant. "She's the best family!" She declares, a cookie crumb on her face.

"Thanks, Plume." You said quickly, settling her down.

Lizabeth touched Plume's nose with the tip of her finger, chuckling. "Yeah."

You took a sip of your coffee, enjoying the quietness. Lucas had run off to play in the living room, after getting bored.

You caught Plume's eye, and flicked your orbs towards the living room. "I'm your personal babysitter." Plume saluted, before flying away.

After a few loud cries, and Plume's gentle coaxing, the silence had returned.

"Oh no, it's late already!"

You raise your eyebrow at her alarmed eyes. "It's barely past noon."

She stood up, hurriedly. "Sorry, sorry! I have a job at this local shop." She waved, standing up.

"I have to go, thanks for having me!"

And with that, she rushed out, the white creamy door slamming shut behind her.

___

"Mama, are we going to see Papa?" Lucas asked, his small hand in yours, swinging back and forth.

"We're going to go check if he's there, yeah." You grin down at him. Plume had already left a few hours ago to see Carla at Fairy Tail.

"Papa, we're off to see Papa.." Lucas sang, skipping ahead.

"Lucas, be careful!" You call out, worried. 'What if he collapses like last time?'

"Lucas!" You call again, urging him to stop. He halts (thank mother of pancakes) and gives you an angelic smile.

"Yes, Mama?"

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah! Oh, Mama, Mama! I almost forgot, look what Papa taught me!" Lucas ran back to you, and closed his eyes, concentrating hard.

He held out his palm, and you felt yourself hold your breath. Then, a small, but miraculous flicker of a flame started on his palm.

"I'm just like Daddy!" He gleefully said, shoving his hand at you, nearly extinguishing the flame.

"Good job, Lukie." You ruffle his hair. Then, Lucas said something amazing.

"Papa said that I should only use this against bad people, and people who look at you funny." He prompted.

You almost couldn't control your laughter. "Your Daddy is silly." You grin down at Lucas, just as Fairy Tail appeared around the corner.

"Yo! (Y/N), Lucas!"

"Daddy!" You saw Lucas run straight ahead, almost stumbling once or twice, as he ran straight into the arms of the man you love.

You neared Natsu, and gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Hey." You murmur softly, patting his head.

He gave you a pouty look. "(Y/N), I'm not a baby."

"Maturity-wise, you are. How was the job?" You ask, watching Natsu hoist Lucas up onto his shoulders.

"I was all fired up!! But then, it turned out to be too easy." Natsu sulked, dipping low as Lucas laughed with happiness.

"Were you good with Mommy?" Natsu asked, talking to Lucas as if he was a business man. Lucas nodded furiously.

"Mama had a friend over, and they drank yellow stuff!" He exclaimed, his arms waving all around.

You almost choked on air. "This guy..." You poke Lucas's stomach, which he giggled immensely at.

You took a seat inside at Fairy Tail with Natsu and Lucas. Plume was nearby, chatting with Carla about tea. Strange.

"Hey, Gramps! How long until we leave?" Natsu asked the guild master. "Soon." Gramps curtly replied. "In a few days."

"Oh, o...what?" Natsu stops mid-sentence. "Gramps, a few days?"

You freeze, your body feeling like you were frozen in a block of ice.

"A few days. Get it through your thick skull..." Gray said, coming up from behind.

"A few days..." You muttered. "Natsu will be gone in a few days."

Lucas looked up, his eyes wide, and his bottom lip trembling. "Daddy...is going away?"

'Oh crap how do I explain..'

"Daddy will leave for a little bit, because he needs to visit his parents!" You energetically say to Lucas.

'I'm sorry for lying, Lucas. You're too young to understand now, though.'

Lucas immediately hopped off the bench, running to Natsu, and attaching himself to his leg.

"Daddy, don't go! Don't go, Lucas still needs to learn how to become a fire-breathing dragon!" He cried, standing up and trying his best not to cry.

'I know, Lucas. I know.'