Surprise! Like Her?

"Mama!" Lucas came rushing home, with barking sounds behind him as he ran towards you.

You froze, a rag in your hand. Plume looked up from her spot in the sun. "What...?" She yawned.

Lucas appeared in the living room, a small white puppy wearing a red bandanna next to him, barking and yipping happily while giving Lucas licks on his cheek.

Natsu shuffled in after after Lucas, a sheepish smile on his face. "Sorry...I couldn't resist it."

'You...couldn't resist it?'

"Aye!" Happy said, a grin on his face.

"Wait, wait, wait-!" Natsu yelled, as you chased him around the apartment. "There's nothing to wait for! Do you know what the responsibilities are for a dog?!" You said, almost tripping over the small puppy.

Natsu scooped up the white puppy in his arms. "But isn't he cute?" He held it towards you.

'Gray and green eyes?'

"He's cute, but-"

"Mama...we can't keep him?" Lucas's soft voice asked, his eyes begging you. Natsu joined in with Lucas, playing the guilt card.

"We'll take good care of it!" Lucas said.

"You promised." Natsu added.

You sighed.

'I'm going to regret this.'

"You can keep the puppy."

Lucas stared up at you in awe. "Really?!" He jumped up, startling the puppy. "Really, really, really?!"

You nodded.

'I regret everything already. I wish I could rewind time.'

Lucas grinned, and threw his arms around you- or at least- tried to. "Thank you!" He turned to Natsu.

"We don't have to use the running away method!" He squealed, happily.

'Natsu!'

Your jaw dropped ever-so-slightly as your eyes traveled to meet Natsu's. He looked away almost instantly, an innocent look on his face.

___

After sorting everything out with Natsu while eating lunch, you watched as the puppy- now named Yuki, ate from her bowl.

Lucas lay down next to Yuki, his eyes wide as he watched her gobble down her food.

"You're just like Papa when you eat." He laughed, petting the snowy-colored puppy.

Natsu slung his arm around his chair as he watched the two. Plume and Happy were happily eating their lunch- fish.

Yuki raised her head after she ate, and she flopped on-top of Lucas, her tail wagging happily.

"Ugh...Yuuuki...get off, you're heavy!" Lucas said, as he tried to shove the white dog off.

'Yes, Yuki, squish Lucas into a flat pancake.'

"Do you regret saying yes?" Natsu asked, his eyes on the white puppy. You looked at Lucas's happy face.

"Nah, 'course not."

'I don't know. What is life.'

Plume settled down on the kitchen table, her butterfly-patterned kimono was wrinkled. When you pointed this out, she rushed to smooth it down.

"Why'd you name it Yuki?" She asked, as she was ordering Happy to help her smooth it down.

"Ask Lucas." You said, casually.