The Way Back Home

The moment you shook yourself out of your strange...trance, you felt like you were missing something. Thinking things over, you shook your head- clearing the strange thoughts away.

'Did I...maybe not lock the door?'

You mused by yourself. "Wha-!" You, surprised by the giant ice block, backed away quickly. Narrowing your eyes and slowly getting up, you suspiciously touched the cold block.

"You're up."

You turned around. "Gray!" You put your hands on your hips. "It's about time you guys showed up....?" Your tone softened as he didn't joke back.

Instead, he put his hand on the back of his neck, and looked at the ground. "Yeah," he said, giving you a pathetic excuse of a smile.

"Hey, what happened?" You took a step towards him, your arm outstretched. "Are you...okay?" He didn't respond.

"Is it Juvia? Where's Juvia!?" You grabbed his arm, tightly. He shook his head. "It's not Juvia. It's fine. We, uh- we just saw a lot of...unneeded things today."

"Are you talking about the villagers?" You searched his face. "Is it that bad?"

"(Y/N)-san."

You peered behind Gray. There, Juvia stood in the shade of a tree, her expression hidden from you. "Juvia!!" You latched onto her, and gave her a great big hug.

Without speaking, she tightly wrapped her arms around you, returning your warm hug. After a few seconds, she didn't seem to have any intention of letting go.

"U-um...Juvia?"

She let go of you, and gave you a great, big and warm smile. "Yes!"

You smiled, a bit relieved. "Any villagers?"

Juvia glanced at Gray. "Only a few," she turned back to you. "Gray-sama and Juvia will help them as of now. (Y/N)-san should...(Y/N)-san should go home."

You looked at her, a bit confused. "Is...something wrong?"

She shook her head. "No, but...Lucas is sick, isn't he?" She smiled. "(Y/N)-san, you should go home, now."

"But, I can't just leave all the work-"

"(Y/N)." Gray appeared behind Juvia, and set his hand on her shoulder. "Juvia's right. Lucas is sick. Go take care of him, okay? You have two kids. It's not much work for us, anyway."

With pursed lips, and encouragement from Juvia and Gray, you found yourself trudging the steps back home.

___

Taking a deep sigh, you slowly unlocked the apartment door, and opened it. The familiar smell hit you like a sack of potatoes.

You wished you hadn't opened that door.

For what greeted you was much worse. Your jaw dropped. "Natsu!"

Natsu instantly stopped chasing Yuki, and slipped on the flour-covered floor. "Lovely wife!" He greeted, laughing nervously.

"You're home so early!" He commented, getting up before slipping down again. He finally made his way to you, and pulled himself up.

"So, uh..." He started, sheepishly.

You couldn't even find your words. The whole floor was just streaked in white- the kitchen was messy, the chairs were flipped, and the kids were nowhere to be seen.

"Hi mama!"

Our from behind the couch, Lucas popped up with a happy expression. His face was streaked with brown and white from-god-knows-what.

"Hey, Natsu..." You finally spoke, and turned to him, a scary expression on your face. "(Y/N), your soul is flying out!" Natsu gaped.

"You wanna tell me..." You craned your neck. "What's goin' on here?"

He shook his head. "Uh...not really."

After giving him a look, he beckoned you to the kitchen. "Watch your step," he cautioned as he wrapped a hand around your waist, the other one gripping the counter-top.

Natsu buried his face in your long hair. "Lucas n' I were 'bout to make a c'ke, but then you came home as we were cleanin' up."

You raised your eyebrow. "You call this cleaning up?" You marveled at the mess they had made. "Where's Rin?"

He put a finger to his lips. "Sleeping."

'So you did one thing right.'

You lowered your voice. "How do you plan to clean this mess up?"

He looked hopeful, and gave you his signature smile. "Plum-"

"Don't even think about it," you hissed. His smile dropped. "I'm supposed to clean this whole thing up, myself?"

Nearby, Yuki began to investigate the powder. "Yes," you gave him a warm smile. "Good luck to you. Lucas will be helping."

You could hear your six-year old groaning. "But...mama, I need-"

"No." You gave him a smile. "You need to help your daddy clean up." Taking strange satisfaction from his moping, you picked up Yuki and put her on the couch, where you absentmindedly stroked her as you watched Natsu and Lucas grumble.

"Kiss me," you laughed as you watched Natsu almost fall ontop of you as he tried to wipe off a bit of flour on the couch.

He grudgingly gave you a light peck on your cheek, before returning to his work. Your eyes narrowed, but you let him continue.

"Hey, Natsu?"

"What?"

"Gray and Juvia really are...cute, aren't they?" You smiled, remembering how Gray had surprisingly gave Juvia a small hug when they didn't notice you, awake.

"Icicle boy and Juvia?" He gave you a confused look. "They're definitely not happening. They like each other?"

"Idiot, idiot, idiot." You chided, laughing.

___End of Chapter___

So you know how every book on Wattpad has like a limited amount of chapters? (I think) Well... I think the end is near.

Hello, guys! (WE REACHED 9K WOOPPPPPP)

It has been a very hectic day, and something terribly good is happening tomorrow. Keep an eye on my message update thingy.

It's gonna be so good. I can't wait!! And...we actually have a question today~ yaaay.

152K Reads| 9K Votes| 13.7K Comments

Q for Rila: What made you finally arrive once again, Rila? Not that I mind.

Rila smiled. There was something strange about her. She seemed...almost transparent. "You know when that girl was talking about...torture and things?" She made a disgusted face.

"I kinda just wished really hard that I could help (Y/N)! I-I might have said some strange things like 'I'll do anything!' but when you're desperate...it happens." She shrugs.

"So anyway, I just opened my eyes- and I was there! Boom! Pop!" She sang the last part. "Who knows what would've happened if I didn't help...?"

"Just...hopefully she forgives me." She closed her eyes.