The Fallen Girl

'My back hurts..actually, nevermind. It hurts all over. Is Juvia okay? Is Mae alive? Is Gray still okay?'

Your mind fires questions that you could not answer. 'I feel so tired...oh, something wet is hitting my face.'

'I miss him. I wanna see Natsu..I don't want to be here!'

With a blink, sunlight evaded your dark vision. "Agh.." You mutter, trying to get up. You felt something wet splash on your cheek.

"(Y/N)-chan?!"

"Yeah, that's me.." You rub your eyes, staring into Juvia's tear-filled eyes. "Juvia! I'm so glad you're okay." You throw your arms around her.

She doesn't say anything, but immediately wraps her arms around you. You draw in a sharp breath, as she touched your back, a sharp pain hitting you.

Juvia immediately let go, and called for Gray.

But when you reached back to check it out, your finger came back, tainted in red. "Blood..?" You ask in a daze, looking down where you had lay.

Blood pooled on the ground, turning the brown grass red.

"(Y/N)!?"

You turn at the sound of Gray's voice. Instead of meeting his usual mischievous smile, you were met with tears.

His mouth dropped slightly, and he fell to his knees, his hand covering his face. "Gray..?" You question, enveloping him in your arms, hugging him tight.

"You're not supposed to be here..you're supposed to be dead!"

"Wow, what a nice and warm welcome." You mutter, still hugging him tight.

"I mean..she stabbed you, it pierced your back. Deep." Gray pulled away, wiping his tears.

You give him a weak smile. "Don't worry about me. Where's Mae?"

At this, Gray's face fell once again, and Juvia's soft crying soon started.

'No.'

"Juvia..?"

'No way.'

"Gray!"

Gray lifted his head, his face full of cuts and wet tears. "She.."

He never did finish his sentence. Juvia let out a small cry of despair. "She's gone."

You let out a strangled sound. "Mae's gone?"

You didn't need an answer. Judging from Juvia's failing attempts to stop crying, and Gray's hidden face..you already knew the answer.

You kept silent, not knowing how to act or what to say.

'This is all my fault...my fault she got hurt, my fault I let my guard down, my fault she died.'

You sigh, feeling a tear forming in your eyes. 'I thought I got stronger. But I guess not. I only knew her for a short time, but I treasure it.'

"(Y/N)."

You raise your head, your vision blurred from the tears. Gray and Juvia had gotten up.

Juvia offered you her hand. "Come on. Don't let her death be in vain."

She smiled, the tears still running down her face. "We've caught the tormentors."

___

After being fussed over by Wendy, and the other members, you finally escaped their motherly wrath.