RING

Love is...
A will to share your heart,
A gut to give up yourself,
A devotion to bestow your life,
A pledge to the one you are fated to.
Love is fate.
-SAL-

KGE's Grandma's grave.
3 pm.

Halmeoni, how are you in heaven?
I come to you today...
Do you see the snow here, Halmeoni?
It's beautiful...
I wish we were somewhere else to watch the snowfall together but here...

KGE stood beside her halmeoni's tomb after putting the red camellias in the stone vases right in front of the gravestone. She smiled and patted the gravestone where her halmeoni's name was written. The snow made her grave looked pretty. KGE tried to hold back her tears. She missed her so much. KGE felt so vulnerable right now that she badly needed her.

I miss you so much, Halmeoni...
I need your wisdom and guidance...
I am scared lately.
I am bruised...I'm hurt...I'm in pain.
I've had ups and downs, I know. But,
I feel like everything is so hard for me lately.
My works, my career, my life, my love.
Am I too sensitive, Halmeoni?
I feel so angry and sad.

KGE sighed.
She glanced at the two boys who stood a little far from the grave across from her. They both looked concerned at her. She smiled and waved at them, who waved back and smiled too. The two gorgeous men looked like bodyguards to her-beautiful bodyguards under the falling snow.

Halmeoni...
The bashing and bullying towards me are getting all the time worst...
Can you ask God why some people hate me because of the way I look?
And because of my appearance, they judge me and hate my works too.
They have been accused me of things I never did or done, and I won't ever do!
They hate me for being me.
They have failed to understand me.
I will try my best not to fail them, though.

The cold wind blew her hair. She pulled her beanie down to her ears.

Whether I am pretty or ugly, I believe God has created me with His love.
And everything He created is pretty.
Isn't it Halmeoni?
You taught me to see things differently.
Dare to be different, and make things different.
Then why they hate me because I am different?
Did my difference harm them?
Did my look do them harm?
Did I do them harm?
I wonder.

KGE sighed and closed her eyes. She could see her grandma smiled at her with twinkles in her eyes. The feeling of safety and comfort slowly filled KGE's heart. It was just like the old days when Grandma Kim was still around.

Why their hearts clouded by hatred?
Is it God's will for me to be hated?
Will God help me out of this situation?
Halmeoni...
Could you tell God that I need His love more to get through everything?
I need more love to forgive and forget...
And I need His will to let me love and be loved without fears and doubts...

Far across from KGE, LMH couldn't stop looking at her, who stood beside her grandma's tomb. He knew that his girlfriend was pouring her heart out right now. She talked to her grandma in silence. His heart was warmed just by seeing her busy with her mind. LMH hoped KGE would get her heart and mind at ease.

LMH and KB gave KGE space and time alone with her grandma. They watched her from afar. LMH didn't want to bother his girlfriend's private moment. He could guess why KGE came to her grave on the last day of Seollal. He knew how much her grandma's meant to her. Grandma Kim's had been KGE's most potent amulet of strength and love.

Halmeoni...
Do you see that man in a long black coat over there?
The taller one with that sharp nose and beautiful eyes.
Yes, the one with those cute dimples...
Do you see how he smiles at me?
Isn't he handsome, Halmeoni?
What do you think of him?
Can you recognize him?
Do you remember him?
Can you guess who?