TO THE BONE

"A soulmate is someone that gets you. It's a connection of minds, mutual respect, unconditional love, and total understanding. It's about being yourself and knowing, not only that person is following and understanding your thoughts but is right there with you, side by side."
-nn-

Hilton Hotel, Busan
2 am LMH's room.

Waiting for someone to rescue you was something that required immense patience, powerful belief, and unshaken bravery. That was the lesson KGE got from what she was experiencing at the moment.

KGE waited for LMH to come to rescue her. She needed him to take her away from this strange and frightening creature. She felt like dying from her colliding feelings of fear, hope, and desperation for help. And how the time seemed to move too slow and too long for her to endure the growing anxiety. She wished LMH was there for her already, but unfortunately, he had not shown up yet at all.

Even the most daring girls had their terrifying moments sometimes. 
KGE had never felt this scared before. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't even move her lips. She couldn't stop her body from trembling either. She lost control of her body. 

"Imino ..."

KGE could only say that name in her fear with a choked and hoarse voice.
She couldn't think of any other thing to say but his name. She called his name in her time of fear.

Imino...
I am so scared!
Where are you?
Come to me now!
Chaebal!

The 'monster' had her trembled and breathless. 
She felt like she was half alive as her skin touched the coldness of the monster's body.
KGE shivered violently. Her heart was beating even faster.
Would LMH come to rescue her?
What was this scary creature?
What would happen to her?
Why she felt so cold?
Was she dreaming?
Was it real?

She was sweating all over when ironically, she was quivering from the cold—such a terrible night for her indeed. KGE couldn't help the tears from falling that she really was so scared.
Damn it!!

KGE hated herself for being so afraid.
She knew that she has to do something. 
She had to win this 'war' from the monster.
She decided to be brave and try to scream for help.

"..." 

Nothing came out of her mouth. 
Something was very wrong.
She couldn't breathe.
She was powerless.

KGE got tongue-tied; she lost her voice.
She even felt dry and sore in her throat.
The cold was getting worse that had her quivered.
Not to mention her sudden heavy and dizzy, aching head.
Everything was horrible and painful to the bone for her now.

She desperately tried to free herself, but the grip on her limp body was too strong.
She couldn't even move her pinky finger. 
The creature was too powerful to fight.
She was too powerless to win.

While she struggled to overcome her fear, the monster didn't seem to be giving her a chance to fight back at all. Her body was shaking violently when the beast began to shake her body. The horror was unbearable; she thought that she was dead already.

Imino...
I need you...

When she thought that she was totally lost a chance to escape from it, a faint voice called her name. The voice she had hoped for coming to rescue her from this frightening moment was there, at last. Faintly but definitely there for her. He was there somewhere close to her, calling her name.

The weirdest thing was that she couldn't see his face.
But she didn't care whether she could see him or not. 
The voice had already made her hope of survival strong again.
LMH was indeed the most significant strength for her.
She felt her strength gradually return, although she still couldn't move her body. 
It was enough for her to feel so much better just to know that he was already there for her.