KING

It was 6.30 am when her phone was ringing.

"yeoboseyo.." her voice sounded like a broken record to her own ears. Who was it calling her at this hour? She wondered. It was her day off from the shooting. Was it another change on the schedule again?

"KGE-sshi!! Good morning.. I'm so sorry,, did I wake you up?" her happy voice made KGE wide awake in an instant.

"Jagganim! Good morning,, yes you did,, hahaha,, but it's alright. I thought I won't  be hearing your voice anytime soon." KGE got herself seated while her hands tying her long hair. She didn't want to sound too excited though for having KES called her this morning. Yet she couldn't help it. She wondered, after the last time KES called her and asked her to join her project, she didn't call her back the day after. And it's been a week that she finally called her. KGE thought that KES must have really tried her best to convince the whoever this Hallyu star she wanted to take the role in her new drama was. That long days of awaiting really made her a little nervous. Was it about her as the leading lady that didn't meet his expectations? With that thought, she shook her head. Aigo GoEun-ah, don't start your day with negativity, she warned herself.

"My apologize KGE-sshi. I should have called you earlier and informed you that I could not reach our King to be in the whole week. But I hope you would understand. I didn't want to bother your busy works with an unconfirmed news. But now I'm talking to you, and I just can't wait to tell you the news. That's why I call you this early. I hope you don't mind." KES said apologetically.

"I'm so glad that you call, jagganim. Of course I don't mind at all. I was just wondering along those days that you probably had some hard times convincing him. I thought I could offer you my help, if only that would help you though. But I guess you had succeeded as I heard it from your happy voice. And how I'm relieved and happy for you." KGE assured KES that she didn't mind the delayed of the most important news about their King.

With a little shigh KES chuckled as she said" You're the sweetest, KGE-sshi, thank you for your patience. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. But I promise I will give you the best news that I hope will make you as excited as I am. Yes, I feel so content that we finally got our King. Oh how relieved I am, that everything is settled now for The King." KES really couldn't hide her satisfaction. And that made KGE couldn't stop smiling happily for her either.

" So, KGE-sshi, are you ready to know who our King is?" KES asked KGE teasingly.

" Well, jagganim. You have kept me waiting for days, you better tell me his name right here right now or I will just go back to sleep instead." KGE answered jokingly.

"Hahaha, you're too cute, KGE-sshi. Okay, I hope you don't jump up from your bed and dancing like a teen after I tell you his name." KES gave her another teasing reply.

"I can't promise you that, KES-sshi,, hahaha, I hope our Hallyu star would never know if I really jump up like teen when I hear his name. Now would you please kindly tell me who is he, jagganim? ." KGE really couldn't wait any longer for KES to tell her who would be the King at last.

"You'll be working together with LMH-sshi as our King, KGE-sshi." KES said cassualy and didn't think of waiting for KGE to settle and prepare herself first before she mentioned LMH's name.

"Who?" that was the only word she knew right very now. She thought that the time has stopped for her and she froze while she felt like she wanted to sink to her bed. Her brain was also felt like want to pop up.

"LMH-sshi" KES repeated the name again with her assertive tone.

Paused. Paused. Paused.

"KGE-sshi? Are you still there?" at the silence KES took her note. And she smiled knowingly. Ah, these two were so cute. And it seems that the destiny just played its trick, she thought. How beautiful it is.

"Ye, Jagganim. I'm here. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. Well, I'm so surprised that it would be LMH sanbae who would take the role." KGE managed herself to say her reason decently. But still there was a choke in her voice. "please don't get me wrong. I just never thought that his big name was the one you would mention and reveal to me just now," still with the nervousness that she tried so hard to get it settled.

"I guess you really know how to surprise me, dearest jagganim." KGE managed to collect her uneasiness and give her best casual tone that she really hoped would sound very convincing.

"Well, he is out of Korea right now. That's why I happened to have difficulty to reach him. But now it's settled. He was super happy and really can't wait to finally meet you and work with you, KGE-sshi" KES told her casually.

To that bold information KGE felt her cheeks burnt and her heart leaped. She didn't know what to say right now. Her mind was buzzing and she thought her eyes got blurry also. Did she just hear that LMH-sshi couldn't wait to meet her to work with her? My heaven, she thought, give me a strength. I bet I would have to keep my heart steady when I finally shake his hand for the first time.

"KGE-sshi? Are you alright? I hope your silence means good." KES smiled knowingly.

"Oh, yes Jagganim, I'm sorry. Of course I'm alright. Thank you for the news. It would be my honor to be able to work with LMH sanbae. He surely is the King himself. I'm hoping that I would match his standard." KGE finally succeeded to control herself.

"You are a perfect match for him, KGE-sshi. He probably would learn so much from you as well. He's been waiting for any chances to work with you one day. And now it's happening. I might say that you two are destined to work together. And I can't be more happy than now" KES kept KGE informed about how LMH thought about working with her. And that made KGE even a lot more concerned.

"Well I hope it's true, Jagganim. I would love to learn from him likewise. I promise I will do my best for your drama, KESsshi."

"I know you will give your very best, my dear. You both. And I can't wait to have you two in our first script reading."

After this and that and another happy chats for some more minutes, they finally said goodbye.

She just stared at her reflection in the mirror, but she didn't see anything than a blurry memory that came alive and getting clearer and clearer in her eyes.

She felt a sudden warmth sent to her heart. She could exactly feel her feeling in the particular memorable moment. She closed her eyes and had a little shiver as she recalled the stare she thought she had on her back that night. She could feel it in her skin even right now. It made her skin tingled and tickled. Agio GoEun-ah,. What was wrong with you? She shook her head. Then she came back from her long lost memory. She never thought that it was still there, lived in her subconscious mind and she could easily recall it and drawn to it. And that made her decided to always watch every step she would take in the future and never let her fall from now on.

Then she exhaled and got up to the shower. She had things to do, and she knew what she wanted. She always knew what was best for her. And that would never change just because of a name.

KGE 2019.