HOME

Monday, Dec 22, 2019
Paradise Hotel Busan

4.00am
KGE hotel room

Beep

BSH
"LMH-sshi, we had canceled the longing hug scenes in the bamboo forest for tonight. I've informed KGE-sshi yesterday. So the scene will be taken tomorrow. We are focusing on you and WDH today. Sorry for the delay."

LMH woke up to the beep, and read the text quickly. He got up from the sofa abruptly and switched the table lamp on. The light was so dim but it was enough for him to see. He carefully tiptoed to KGE's bed side to checked on her and made sure that the pillows and her blanket had her comfortabled.

He stood beside her bed and adoringly staring at her sleeping face. She was so beautiful even when she sleep. The warmth and tender feelings were all he felt in his heart whenever he looked at her. He wondered when did his heart start to feel all the funny feelings for her? Did he fall? Was he really falling? How deep was it?

He was questioning himself. He had been questioning his heart since she came in to his 33 years of life. She became his daily vitamins. And why was it now? Why did she come when he entered his mature life? What was  the universe trying to tell him?
Too many questions that hadn't been answered yet.

He crouched to squat hence to level his head with hers. He softly stroked her long hair. He moved his face closer to her ear and whispered softly, "baby, I have to go now. I promise I'll be back as soon as all the work is done. Please be good when I'm not around. I'll call you every time I can."

He knew she didn't hear what he just said to her ear. But he needed to tell her just all. He felt heavy on his chest. He wanted to stay for her, for him, but he really had to go. LMH sighed. He took her hand and softly kissed her fingers one by one. Her hand smelled so nice and he loved her fingers too, they were perfectly shaped. One more look on her peaceful face, then he stood up.

Time to go and get things done. He turned off the light and walked to the door. He turned his head around to  where KGE laid down, looked at her once more before he finally pushed the door knob to go and leave her.
Just for awhile, GoEun-nie.
I'll come home soon
Home?
Jinjihage?
He shook his head but smiled.

*****

8.00am
KGE hotel room

"Eonni,, GoEun-eonni,, please wake up. I'm sorry but you need to eat and drink your medicines." a soft voice woke her up.

KGE adjusted her eyes to the darkness before she finally opened her eyes.
What time is it?
Oh how I hate this headache
My body is hurt, too
My throat is soar
And I'm not hungry at all
I just want to sleep

KGE really had a hard time to force herself to wake up. As she finally made herself sat on her bed, she turned her head to the sofa where she wished LMH was still sitting on it. But it was empty. She sighed.

He stayed last night. That was more than just enough, she thought.

She greeted her staff and took the breakfast that she brought her from the hotel kitchen. The soup and the bread were delightfully prepared, and they smelled delicious too.

Unfortunately, she didn't have any appetites right now. She felt like she could get vomit at any time. But she had promised LMH to eat good and drink her medicines.
She frowned.
Sanbaenim, I wish you were here
I'm happy if you were here
I want you here
I hope you can come home soon
Home?
She shook her head but smiled.

Then she sipped the soup and ate the bread. She needed to be healthy. She couldn't waste her days of working just to be sick.

Beep