MISSING

October 2019 was a very special month for KGE. She had so much on her plates. From her Chanel and Paris visit, to her hardest days of leaving her grandmother in her worst condition. From her new box office movie to her busy preparation of her new drama.

It was 8am, and KGE just arrived in Paris. She went straightly to her hotel. Tonight she had to attend Chanel Haute Coutour Summer 2019. She was the honorable representative from South Korea. She left Korea half heartedly. She left her home because of her grandmother wished her to fulfill her duty and insisted her to always be professional. No matter what.

Now she was here in Paris, alone. Not exactly alone. She was always accompanied by her staffs. But it was still considered alone by her.
She really needed a shower and a decent breakfast after her 11 hours flight. She also thought about having a little nap before she got busy till dawn.

She just got to her room when her phone rang. She froze as the chill from her worry hit her soul. Dear Lord, don't tell me it's about halmeoni. She was so afraid. She said her prayer as she picked up her phone in a hurry.

"yeobseyo," she greeted anxiously. Almost like she was running out of breath and almost choked.

"yeobseyo KGE-sshi. Are you alright?" a worried voice from the other side of the line was all she heard. But she couldn't recognize whose voice was it. She tried to get herself focused.
"Is there something wrong KGE-sshi?" the voice asked her again and sounded even exasperated.

"Aniyo," She paused, she was processing her brain. She was a little confused but then she proceeded "I'm alright, Sanbaenim" she finally could figure out who it was on the other side of the line. And to her relief, it surely wasn't about her grandma. So she breathed out her sigh of relief loudly. "Thank goodness,, I was so worried," she meant to say it to herself.

"Anything happened to you, KGE-sshi? Please tell me! Seriously!" his voice pitching a little higher as if something or someone made him up set.

"Nothing, sanbaenim. I really am alright..No problem.." but she felt suffocated that she couldn't breathe, "It was just.. I thoungt it was about halmeoni," KGE really tried so hard not to burst her heart out but she failed. Without warning she sobbed a little as tears ran down her worried face.

Silence.

"GoEun-nie," LMH called her name softly. All she could do just weeping and sobbing. She couldn't answer anything. She just cried her heart out. And all LMH did at the other line was listening.

It took her quite awhile to finally stop her cry. With a half wishpering voice she said, "I'm sorry Sanbaenim, I should have asked you to hang up." after all the turbulence of emotions subdued, she apologized to LMH. She felt awkward that she let herself crying like a baby while she kept LMH on the phone. She didn't know why she did that. How could she? All she realized was that she couldn't deny how she was thankful that LMH didn't hung up. She must have been really need a shoulder to cry on, she thought. That was all.

"hush now, please don't cry GoEun-nie." LMH voice really soothing, and to her surprised he gave her safety feeling and eased her worry. She finally regain herself and as she let out her breath in a long sigh, she started to smile.

"Sanbaenim, thank you so much. I'm so glad that it was you who called me. I was really worried and so afraid. I'm alright now. I thought that it was Appa, or Noona, or halmeonie" she was bubbling. She was suddenly came back to her happy shiny self again. "I hoped you didn't think that I'm such a crybaby. I'm not. I mean I was really worried, then it was you who called, and I was so relieved.. I just.. Well, I couldn't help but cry probably.." she was bubbling again which only made LMH laughed at her.

"Just stop talking GoEun-nie. And you really should be alright!" he said teasingly. "or I will send you my phone's bill if you're not.  You're in Paris, for God's sake! I'm broke!" LMH guffawed to his joke that also made KGE giggled.

"I'm glad that you can laugh now. I don't like it when you cried," LMH admitted as if it was something natural and usual between them. She felt weird. She just shook hands with him some days ago for the first time in her life, her whole life, and she had never dreamt that he would be the one who eased her worry today. Who would dare to dream anyway? Definitely not her.

"I can't thank you enough, sanbaenim. . I know that I made you stay on the phone like forever, I will make it up to you." she really meant it.

"I'll take that as a promise. Good. I will take my reward when the time is right. And you better be ready, GoEun-nie." LMH said it with a husky voice that magically made her body quivered and tickled. Her mind was blank with the sensation. To her subconsciousness, she enjoyed them. She enjoyed the way he called her "GoEun-nie" with that sexy husky voice. It sounded like a love song to her ears.

Wait, love song? Yaaaahh!! GoEun-ah!!! Wake up you silly fangirl! She snapped.

"sanbaenim, what was it you need from me that you called?" she decided to cut the ridiculous moment and got herself back to reality.

"Oh,, yes, I was gonna ask you to be careful and have your fun in Paris. That's all." LMH told her cheerfully which made KGE grinning like a silly little girl. How sweet of him. She was really touched.

"Oh sanbaenim, how are you so sweet? I will. And I promise you I'll be a good girl." she answered him with the same cheerfulness.

"Well you are a good girl, GoEun-nie." he paused there.

KGE waited for his next words. She was so eager to hear whatever came out from his mouth. She closed her eyes as the image of his lips flashing in her mind. She shook her head. She really needed to Check on her brain next time.

"Alright then, KGE-sshi. I believe you don't need my ears anymore. So before you get bored with my voice, I will excuse myself now. If you ever needed me, just call me. I'll be all ears." with his happy voice LMH said his goodbye.

Call ended.

She felt lonely all in sudden.
Was it the room?
Was it the city?
Was it the country?
Was it the silence around her?
She held her own body.
It felt so empty.
Something was really missing.
Missing.

*****

Somewhere in another part of the world, too far from Paris, LMH stood in the balcony of his hotel room. He looked at the blue horizon as his mind was traveling to the moment he heard KGE crying. He was listening to her crying. He felt so sad. He didn't know why.

KGE-sshi, I hope you're alright. I wish I was there with you, so I could cheer you up whenever you're worried. LMH sighed deeply to his wish.

"GoEun-nie.." his lips mouthed her name.

He closed his eyes. He could see her face clearly on his mind. Her eyes, her nose, her lips. How he enjoyed every little thing she had on her egg round face.

Should I go to Paris?
Wae??
She might think I'm crazy.
Should I call her again later?
Maybe.
I can make up excuses just to call her.
Ani??
MinHo-yah!!
Should I just text her everyday then?
That would be exaggerated.
What would she think of me??
Aaahh, jinjihage?!
Eotteohge GoEun-nie?
I'm busted.
What is wrong with you Minho-yah??
When are we going to meet again?
Why it took so long??

He got headache. No, he was sure it wasn't headache. It was an ache indeed, but not on his head. He put his right hand on his chest as he rubbed it as if he could eased whatever it was inside it. It was heavy. It was aching.
What was it?
Something was really missed.
Missed.

🌹

Writer's note :
This chapter is a melodramatic.
I tried to make it as realistic as I could and yet a little poetic.

I hope it comes to your liking.
Will try another genre in the next chapters

With love,
SAL

And kindly leave any input as I tried to describe KGE & LMH real personalites. I hope they seem real.