Virgil x Reader: Stupid Emotions

Hello! I apologize for not updating as recently as I would have hoped, its been a really hard few week and I've been trying to take some mental health time. so yeah. I liked this idea, and I realize I've done a ton of Virgil stuff recently, I promise there is more with other characters being worked on. as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

I don't think there are many warnings, this is an angst/fluff so yeah, please let me know if you find anything and I'll add it!

Virgil was sitting softly on the couch, his earbuds safely tucked in his ear, letting out the calming music Virgil needed right now, as he worked on breathing, staring at the ceiling as he was wrapped in his blanket, the one covered in spider print.

he watched a figure descending the stairs, as the softly walked to the kitchen. Virgil kept watching, not that this was usual as occasionally Patton would grab a cookie now that Logan wasn't watching, or sometimes Remus would let a gremlin from his creative portal snack a bit before bringing it home.

it was a good 8 minutes and nerves grew in Virgil, whoever it was should've grabbed their snack and headed back upstairs by now.

after lots of inward debate Virgil stood up, setting the blanket and earbuds down on the couch, walking slowly and completely silently to the doorway, peaking in. his eyes widened it bit seeing someone he didn't expect. you.

you were leaning on the counter, head in your hands, your shoulders shaking slightly with the sobs you tried to muffle, breathing growing difficult with the lump in your throat from all the emotions you couldn't find it in you to express.

Virgil walked closer very slowly, nervous. it wasn't like you didn't know he was there, more like you didn't wanted him to see the tears that were staining your cheeks, or the redness in your eyes. 

"y/n, what are you doing up so late? shouldn't you be asleep?" Virgil spoke softly, walking closer to you as you tensed when his hand brushed your shoulder softly.

"I'm fine Virge, please go back to bed." you said, hoping your voice wouldn't crack but it unfortunately did. you felt Virgil's gentle hands hold your upper arms, turning you to face him. your face in still in your hands.

"what's going on?" Virgil said, an uncharacteristically softness in his voice, as the saw the small droplets from your tears dripping of your chin. his hands softly encased your wrists as he pulled them away from your face.

you stared at him and watched as his eyes widened, filled with pain, staring at you softly. you met eyes before closing yours, trying to breath and hold it all together.

"I'm fine." you whispered, but the more your thoughts pondered over it, the less 'fine' it really was. 

"you aren't fine, just tell me what's wrong..." Virgil spoke softly, staring at you. but you just opened your mouth to speak, nothing but a squeak and sob broke loose. you slapped your hands over your mouth when the sob escaped, but it seems to have brought a hurricane with as sobs got worse, harder, shaking your shoulder uncontrollably.

Virgil slowly pulled you into his chest as you continued to sob, trying to stop yourself but being physically unable, gasping for breath between the sobs. Virgil just sadly holding you, trying to give comfort.

"I'm here, let it out." he whispered softly to you as your hands clutched onto his jacket. you gasped for more breath muttering something against his chest.

"stupid emotions." you simply whispered holding tightly, thinking Virgil wouldn't hear but he did. he held you a little tired as you sniffled a little bit, still gasping for breath, your voice hoarse. 

"emotions can be stupid, but they are valid, you are human and they are an undeniable part of you, they are part of what makes you so incredible." Virgil whispered into you ear as one of his hands rubbed your back softly, while the other wrapped around your hands.

your hands moved from clutching his jacket to wrapping around his torso, burying your face into his shoulder as he leaned over, nuzzling you softly. his other hand now wrapping around you, his hand supporting your head, as you both just stood there, just breathing.

your eyes widened when you felt his lips gently press against your forehead. a blush spreading across both your faces, although you'd both confessed, that was the first time Virgil had ever kissed you.

"I'm sorry... I'm a mess..." you whispered but Virgil merely shook his head before leaning over and very softly kissing the tears from your face. his hands still softly rubbing you back.

"you are perfectly worthy of love just how you are." Virgil whispers, his warm lips still gently pressing against your face. you moved one of your hands up into his hair, softly playing with it, both of you perfectly content to stay like this forever. his hair was incredibly sort and smelled of lavender and vanilla.

"do you want to listen to music?" Virgil asked once, whispering against your ear after he finished kissing your face. you nodded and Virgil lifted you easily. walking you to this couch.

leaning against his chest, both of you lying on the couch, sharing earbuds at 3:30 am. the scent of his hoodie, his soft mumbled singing and hands playing with your hair were enough to lull you into a very deep sleep. Virgil soon following, a smile on his face.

Bonus:

"kill it! kill the spiders." Patton whisper-yelped, trying not to wake you and Virgil. who were cuddling adorably, but also very disturbed.

"I do admit they were adorable last night..." Logan said, sipping some coffee

"they were! I was in the cabinet (can you get out? no. I'm sorry... I had to)" Remus giggled, a gremlin still in his arms like a stuffed animal.

"I will destroy the spider for you Patton!" Roman said, almost waking you and Virgil up.

"no." Logan said, getting in between Roman at you and Virgil.

Janus was in the corner eating cocoa puffs and watching it all go down.

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you liked it! I realize this one was a little shorter than they usually are, so yeah. I don't know when the next update will be, I have ideas but my brain is having trouble actually writing. as always please don't hesitate to request! as always the artwork isn't mind so please give credit to the amazing artist. Please remember you are loved and special.

Have a fantastic day!

Ginger Bread~