Drafts Reimagined: Roman x Reader: King

Hello! It's Ginger again, so I started rewriting some of the old drafts in honor of getting 100k over here. I will be posting the same story, except Character replaced by Oikawa from Haikyuu. That story will be available on my quotev ( 'JustAnotherCloud' ) if you're interested (there's also some other cool things like matchups, requests, and headcanons if you want?) 

No pressure either way, I really hope you liked this! it was inspired by the song: you can be king again, by Lauren Aquilina

 Roman leaned his head against the doorframe to his bedroom, the silence has a way of taking every thought, and twisting it. Sometimes the calm is necessary, but more often for Roman it was a place for the monsters, similar to the ones he believed to be under his bed as a child to swarm his head. Crushed didn't even begin to describe the feeling inside his soul as he walked into the room, giving way to the monsters.

Sometimes, beyond the roar of his fans, the screaming of his friend, even your comforting words, Roman found his doubts eroding away at him. Akin to the way that salt slowly breaks down metal into rust, his walls were turning to dust before his eyes.

Your eyes scanned the room for Roman, both of you returning home after a grueling defeat. His usually chatty nature on the ride home was complete silence as he stared out the window. the sizzle of ramen didn't distract you from your concern as you stirred, continuing to worry as you placed the green onions on top.

His sniffling was what seized your attention first. As you rushed silently towards the door, gently knocking as you heard the crying stop for a second. You hesitated but cracked the door open just slightly, so only your eyes and nose were peeking in. the sight itself breaking your heart

You ran over and knelt down next to Roman, his shoulders shaking with new-found sobs at your presence. he refused your gaze, focusing rather on the rug you insisted he buy. What Roman wasn't expecting was your arms pulling his face deep into your shoulder. a hand running through his soft brown hair, with the little curls on the end.

"are the monsters loud tonight?" you asked in a soothing voice as your other hand ran gently over his shoulder blades, applying gentle pressure to soothe the sore muscles as Roman relaxed into you, nodding. It could've been 5 minutes or 20. Your sweet voice soothed his mind as he relaxed a bit more, your fingers occasionally leaving his hair to wipe tears from off his cheeks.

"You're so much more, reclaim your crown, my king" you whispered gently into his ear, his grasp tightening as a new flood of tears streamed down, but they weren't the same as before. maybe it was knowing that he didn't have to be alone anymore, it was wonderful having fans but sometimes it was so easy to feel lonely.

There would be many more moments like these, for the both of you. But that isn't a bad thing, for every once in a while we need someone to remind us that 'we lost our mind in the sound, It's time to reclaim our crowns'

I really hope you liked it, wow it's been a while since i've written like this, hopefully the writing tutoring has shown some progress in my writing skills haha. Please let me know if I should do any others, I have some idea's but right now I'm not sure if anyone would like it, 

Thanks again, Please know the song isn't mine obviously, but gosh darn, isn't it pretty?

Have a Fantastic Day!

Gi