Patton x reader: Stress

Hello! thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoy it! this one is a little longer than most, but what can I say, I love the pastel puffball. as always please keep it classy and keep comments clean.

 I'm putting a slight warning for anxiety/panic attack themes, not a full blown one, but maybe one implied, I don't know if this is necessary or not, but I don't want to trigger anybody!

you woke up from an unrestful sleep, sadly like usual. stretching and sitting up, wishing you could escape to imagination with Roman sometimes, but also knowing you didn't have the time to do so. 

you completed your morning habits before walking downstairs to find Patton in the kitchen, like usual, and again like usual it was the best part of your day. you saw Patton turn and smile at you as you waved, and sure you hadn't yet confessed to him about your affections, you could dream.

"ah. y/n." Logan's voice rung out as he walked into the kitchen and looked at you.

"as you may or may not be aware, you have failed to complete another task last night." Logan said, a sterness in his tone awakening all the stress in your mind, the voices in your head quickly becoming overwhelming.

"y-yeah." you said, not able to stop your voice from cracking as your brain went faster and faster. 

"you failed to wash the dishes last night, despite that it was your night to wash them, leaving Patton with an unpleasant surprise this morning." Logan said, as the words and stress pulsed in your brain.

"its fine, y/n... I just did them this morning." Patton said, looking at you worried. 

"its not fine Patton, if y/n fails to keep up her end of the agreement, that is not okay." Logan said, as tears started to form in your eyes. everything was too much, all too much, screams in your head, tears began to flow softly down your cheeks as you look at Logan and Patton. you, overwhelmed, sleep-deprived, and all the pressure of work and everything around. you knew you were breaking. but you couldn't move.

"hey, kiddo. its okay." Patton said, walking over to your tearing and sniffling form. you saw Logan turn around and watch, eyes widening, but not moving. as Patton touched your arm. you snapped out of it, the reality smashing into you. Patton, happy-pappy- Patton, just watched you cry. 

you turned around and started running up the stairs, unable to stop despite Patton's calls for you to come back. you ran up the stairs, fragil sobs escaping your lips as you ran past Virgil and Roman, and you saw Janus walk out of his bedroom as well, stopping to stare at your sobbing self as you ran into your room and slammed the door.

you sat on the floor, curling up into a ball, everything too much, why was this too much. you sobbed to yourself, not able to look at anything, or anyone. just on your floor crying. you heard soft footsteps approch your door and a soft knock.

"y/n, are you okay in there?" you heard Patton's sweet tone ask, you tried to respond, but you couldn't get the words out, only a soft sob.

"I'm coming in, okay?" Patton said, before opening the door a few seconds later. you heard a jumble of words from Patton but you couldn't make out what he was saying. he soon enough scooped you off the ground and walked with you to the soft couch. he sat down, with you beside him, his petting your hair gently. 

"are you okay? the dishes problem wasn't a big deal at all." Patton said, softly, petting your hair lovingly. you scooted a bit so that your face was gently on his chest, over his beating, loving heart. 

"I'm not really okay." you managed to say softly, as Patton rubbed your back.

"its okay, you can tell me what's wrong, its okay to not be okay." Patton said, you nodded against his chest, looking at him.

"work has been crazy and with everything going on here, and family life has been... difficult... I feel like I'm in a corner, and I can't possibally stop anything coming towards me as it crushes me against the walls." you said, sniffling. Patton still trying to comfort you.

"I have an idea." Patton said, picking you up, and walking gently towards his room. after you got there Patton tenderly set you down on his beanbag chair and went to his closet, pulling out a soft kitten stuffed animal.

"this is Twinkie, my favorite stuffed animal. I cuddle them whenever it feels like too much." Patton said, lightly passing you the stuffed animal, after snuggling it again. you couldn't hold back the words anymore.

"one of the things that is stressing me the most is the fact I don't know the answer to a question." you said, looking down at the stuffed animal

"well, Logan is right down stair." Patton said, lightly grabbing your hand. you pulled it back though.

"I'm afraid Logan can't answer this one... but you can." you said cautiously as Patton's eyes widened. you took a deep breath, closing your eyes.

"I really really really love you Patton, you make my day bright, and being around you is my favorite part of the day. I don't know how to express how much I adore you, and how much I would love to be your significant other."  you said, eyes still shut. you waited for a response, your heart dropping every second of silence, then you felt a soft pair of lips on yours. your eyes springing open as Patton kissed you gently.

"I love you too y/n... so much." Patton said, tears watering in his eyes as well as you both tackled each other in a hug. Patton peppering your face with quick kisses. you two both smiled, resting your foreheads together, before being interupted by someone clearing their throat.

"I believe your waffles are getting cold." Logan said, as you both looked up at him, and Logan being clearly uncomfortable with walking into you two hugging.

"I shall be downstairs." Logan said, and both you and Patton started giggling.

things did get better with Patton by your side to remind you that you were loved unconditionally, and to give you snuggle breaks. and you both were happy, to help each other with the good times and the not so good times. ready to help bear each others stress.

thank you so so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! as I said, I really love the pastel puffball that is Patton. as always, I don't own the art, so please give credit to the amazing artist!

Have a fantastic day!

Peaceful Lavender