Preference #13, part 2: What happens now? (Angst Ending)

Hello, oh my heart, this was really sad to write, lots of angst... read with caution. I have been working on this one for a while now, and I'm glad its finally ready. I really hope you like it, and please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

 warnings: character death, car crashes, serious illness, implied depression

Logan:

you walked down the long hall, your shoes clacking on the tile of the school hallway, towards the principals office, ready to face the principal and the teacher responsible for calling you. you sighed as you opened to the door to the head offices.

"they're in there" the administrator said, giving you a polite smile, trying to ignore how much you looked like you didn't belong there, you were happy with your life so far, with your dream job, and you past behind you, you were ready. 

you opened the door and stopped for a few seconds, you spotted the principal, who you had met before, and then the teacher. none other than Mr. Logan Sanders himself.

"Logan Sanders." Logan said as he stood up, recognition in his eyes, also a sadness as he scanned the child on the bench and then your slightly wrinkled face.

"Y/n." you said scanning Logan's face.

"I feel I know you?" Logan said, his eyes scanning your own, both of you know exactly who the other was.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, now... what has my child done wrong?" you said, walking past Logan and sitting on one of the chairs. he had to keep the pain inside as he sat, mere inches away  from you,

 he watched as the child hugged you, you whispering in its ear. as it nuzzled you, Logan remembering the daydreams of coming home to see you, your children running around, him pulling you in for one more kiss.

but he saw this would never be a reality, as you picked the child up, balancing them, as you grabbed your belongings and their backpack, headed out

Logan watched as you met someone in the doorway, speaking softly to that person, your child still balanced in your arms. Logan watched them glance at the child before leaning in, pecking your lips, you smiled as that person tucked some hair our of your face, Logan only now noticing the matching wedding rings.

Logan tried to keep the tears inside as he quickly ran to the staff bathroom, trying to keep his soft sobs inside. but failing as he truly realized how much he lost.

Patton: 

Patton was walking laughing with his significant other. after the break Patton decided it would be best to officially break it off. you got your dream job because of it, and Patton couldn't support you. but he soon found another love. one that he loved very dearly.

he was just now sitting at a table when he heard the door open, seeing a person, in fancier clothes, dark circles under their eyes as he watched them order something. their thing came quick as he soon realized it was you.

though he smiled at his loved one he couldn't help but glance your way. you looked pretty exhausted and lonely. you leaned against a wall, drinking your drink as you dialed the phone. you spoke softly into it, more wrinkles appearing on your face. you nodded at the phone, your eyes scanning the room, hopelessness rooted within them.

your gaze soon landed on Patton, he watched as tears pooled in your eyes, before you turned and walking out of the diner, Patton turning his attention back to his love, but you were outside, crying quietly in your car, wondering why it had to be like this