Highschool AU: Virgil x Reader: Alone

Hello, Thank you so much for reading and really hope you like it! I got this idea and I stop thinking about it! I'm sorry that this is again a little shorter than I would usually like, but I really hope its still good. I'm currently working on some preferences, so I'll have those out hopefully soon, I'm sorry for the wait. I guess now onto the oneshot, I really hope you like it, as always please keep comments clean and Patton-friendly!

you watched your best friend, or I guess former best friend walking along with Roman's crowd too, they'd invited you to join them at first but Roman quickly kicked you out like a rotten turnip. after that your friend kinda stopped talking to you... you were the outcast, like always.

you fluffed your hair before sighing and deciding where to go, what to do. seeing as your former best friend was headed to the movies and ice cream with Roman and his gang, You pretended to not care, but then you would have been just as much of a liar as Janus.

so you did what you always did when you were alone, run. run away from everything and every one. you popped in your headphones, hit shuffle, and started running on the seemingly abandoned track. 

the more you ran, the faster your mind raced.  more and more emotions piled in, til you couldn't tell if it was sweat or tears running down your face. you finished a mile jog before you broke down. crying while you hugged yourself, rubbing the sweat, tears and snot from your face, not realizing there was someone watching with pity at your quiet rant.

"what did I ever do to you?" you asked, Roman in mind, how he'd laughed at you, publically embarrassed you before your friend informed you that they were going to go sit away from you. you took a deep breath before jobbing again, keeping your eyes glues ahead of you, lightly rubbing the tears from your eyes.

you did notice the footsteps jogging up next to you. Turning your head slowly, you took in the face that is undoubtibly the Emo, the one you'd seen staring at you in the halls, the one who made your heart flutter the one time you'd heard him laugh. Virgil. he was surprisingly very good at running, a spare waterbottle he quickly moved to your hand.

"do you want company?" he asked, and you shrugged your eyes glancing ahead as you tightened your grip on the water bottle. Virgil kept glancing at you while you ran, he'd seen everything that happened with your friend, seen how you've been growing dimmer since your friend left, and now the tears on the track field. you just shrugged, fighting more tears.

"why do you want to be a part of... his group? He's a jerk for kicking you out." Virgil said, slight anger in his voice, even if you barely knew each other Virgil had been noticing you for a while, since middle school actually when he developed a deep crush on you, one that hadn't faded.

"yeah, he is... I just..." you said, pausing to sniffle a little, you and Virgil still jogging but not as fast. 

"It gets very lonely and I don't want to be alone anymore." you sniffled, wiping your tears with your hand as Virgil stared at you before taking a chance.

"you don't have to be..." he said quickly. glancing at you before looking at the asphalt below you, avoiding eye contact, while you did the same, you not noticing the deep blush on Virgil's face.

"who in their right mind would want to hang out with me?" you asked, laughing to hide the pain behind that statement as you and Virgil both slowed to a stop... he seemed nervous before gripping your hands.

"I would, I've wanted to for a really long time." Virgil said, a blush covering his cheeks. you met his milk chocolate eyes, his fluffy, soft, copper brown hair, the little freckles dotting his face as his eyes scanned you're, sadness starting to pile into them. he took a breath to speak and try and backtrack, but you just grabbed his shirt and pulled him close.

"I want to hang out you too..." you said, your breath mingling as you glanced at Virgil's now cherry red face, he took a deep breath and went for it, grabbing your face and kissing you, while you kissed back happily, knowing that you crush returned your feelings.

after you both pulled away Virgil scanned your eyes and smile.

"we should do that again." you whispered before pulling him into one more long kiss. he smiled really big before wiping a few stray tears off your face.

"y/n, you won't be alone anymore." Virgil whispered before you pulled him into a big hug, nuzzling your slightly sweaty face into his chest.

"thank you..." you whispered, completely forgetting about Roman and his gang, about the betrayal and despair, it was now just you and Virgil, and that was absolutely incredible.

thank you so much for reading and I really really hope you liked it! sorry for such a delay on preferences, I promise I am working on them its just not going very fast or well. as always the artwork isn't mind so please give credit to the amazing artist! please do not hesitate to request, and please remember you are loved and special

Have a Fantastic day!

Ginger Bread~