Coffee Au: Patton x Burnt-out/Shy reader

Hello, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy, I really loved writing this one, so yeah, I hope you like it, as always please keep comments clean and Patton friendly!

you walked into the small coffee shop soaking wet, the cold rain chilling your bones and you gradually walked up to the counter, all eyes on you, as you kept your eyes to the floor. you looked up, your nose pink from the cold to meet the sweet eyes and freckles of the man behind the counter.

"hello, what can I get for you." he said happily, as you softly mumbled about a hot chocolate.

"do you want marshmallows or not?" he asked, you shrugged and he smiled. walking to the back and soon coming back with a warm hot chocolate, one heart shaped marshmallow in the center. you smiled softly up at the beaming man, his kind eyes scanning your exhausted eyes. 

you payed and turned around softly shuffling towards the door, his name tag had read Patton, such an adorable name, fitting the character of the kind figure, the only kind figure you had seen all day. 

being too lost in though you didn't noticed the puddle of coffee right in front of you and sadly you tripped, sending you down onto your bottom, and your hot chocolate splashing all over the floor. you were shocked then, you couldn't help but break down into tears, people were staring but you couldn't help it

work was awful today, and you were fighting with your loved ones, you found out your friends were going to dump you, and you happened to come across a coffee shop, craving a warm drink while walking home in the rain, since your car was in the repair shop, and the taxi never came to get you.

you were brought back to reality by the soft voice of the man who was behind the counter, asking if you were alright, when you wiped your eyes, you saw Patton in front of you, offering a hand, a kind, sad smile on his face. you blushed deeply as you took his hand.

Patton lead you to a booth, before going and getting you a cookie.

"how much?" you asked, scrambling for your wallet.

"I've got this one covered." he said kindly as he handed you the warm cookie, an employee in a hoodie came out from the back with a grimace and a mop, and began mopping up the hot chocolate and coffee from the floor.

"my shift ends in about ten minutes if you want to talk about anything," the man said, true compassion in his eyes. you nodded, looking down at the cookie, he smiled before standing up and walking back behind the counter.

soon enough Patton came back, two hot chocolates in his hands, as he sat down across from you.

"Hi, sorry about crying" you whispered, embarrassed. he merely reached over moving some of your still wet hair from your face.

"its alright, are you okay though, kiddo? anything you want to talk about?" Patton asked, and you told him what was going on. Patton then walked you home, both of you talking about dogs and coffee, and how he worked at the shop, which apparently he and his brothers started.

Patton visited you daily, during your lunch break with a hot chocolate and a fresh cookie, and your coworkers started teasing and mocking you. but Patton was worth it, on the paper bag the cookie was in, there was always a message, either a compliment or a positive message.

soon enough you got hired by Patton and his brothers, and even the customers sensed the chemistry between your soft, shy nature, and his energetic and kind nature. it wasn't too long before Patton confess he liked you while the café was empty and it was just you two on shift, you both kissed right as Roman walked in for his shift, so it was kinda awkward but he got a picture and was fangirling about it all shift

you and Patton dated, and eventually got married, after Patton proposed on the anniversary of the café. you of course said yes. and the years started going by, you and Patton now a happy couple. 

that brings you to now, sitting up in your bed, checking your phone. a soft knock on the bedroom door interrupting your though. as Patton, your husband, stuck his head into the room.

"Hello, snickerdoodle. I got you some hot chocolate." Patton said softly, as you smiled, a slow blink in your gentle eyes. Patton set your mug on the bedside table before leaning over for a kiss.

"I love you, KitKat." you whispered to him, as he kissed you once again, you still blushing even now.

you looked at your hot chocolate, a heart-shaped marshmallow inside, while you were thanking your lucky stars that you walked into that coffee shop, soaking wet, all those years ago.

thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked it! sorry I didn't update earlier today, life was super crazy and my brain decided it was a good day not to focus. as always I do not own the art, so please give credit to the amazing artist. please remember you are loved and special.

have a fantastic day!

Peaceful Lavender