Thirty-Three

⚠️ Trigger Warning ahead. If you are a sensitive reader, I suggest you skip this chapter ⚠️

It was a warm Sunday evening when little Kim Jiwon was born. It took HyeJin seven hours of arduous labor to deliver her.

HyeJin fell into a coma soon after. The birth was taxing and months of neglect and stress on her, resulted in her baby going into distress. There was nothing much that the doctors could do. Jin stood outside the delivery room on tentahooks, waiting for any news of the child or HyeJin but none came. Jungkook soon joined him.

"Jimin is inside hyung. We should hear something soon," he reassured his brother.

"What's taking so long?!"

Just then the elevator dinged and Taehyung came in, followed by Hoseok and Yoongi.

"Chaeby, what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here," Jin insisted.

"I'm fine Jin. Don't make a scene." Taehyung turned his eyes in the direction of both Hoseok and Yoongi who were now talking with Jungkook. He whispered, "I haven't told them anything. I called Hoseok to bring me here and I didn't know that Yoongi was with him."

Jin nodded his head slowly and looked away, pretending that he didn't hear Taehyung. He walked to the waiting lounge area and sat down heavily. Taehyung's eyes followed him but he didn't go to his husband purposefully. They were still wary of trusting more people.

"Are you okay Tae?" Jungkook looked at his brother in law with concern writ all over his face.

"I'm just tired Kook. But I'm fine. Don't worry. Where's Jimin?"

"He's inside. We haven't heard anything as yet."

Just then, the doors to the theater opened and the doctor walked out, followed closely by a nurse.

Jin jumped up as the doctor searched for him with his eyes.

⚠️

"Mr Kim, I'm sorry. We tried everything but your baby has passed on. She was a stillbirth. We noticed her in distress and induced labor to go faster but she didn't make it. I'm sorry Mr Kim but HyeJin is in a coma."

Several things happened at once. Jin held onto the doctor's hand for support at the news while Taehyung gasped in shock. But it was Yoongi that shocked them the most. He launched himself at the doctor, screaming and crying.

"NO!!!" he screamed in agony, crying and falling to the floor.

Hoseok blinked out of his shocked state and went to help him up. He was tearing copiously.

"Please..... Please doctor, save HyeJin. She can't die! She can't!"

"Yoongi! What's gotten into you?" Hoseok was startled with his behavior. He had noticed that Yoongi had appeared to be agitated earlier and he couldn't understand why.

"Let go of me!" he squealed as Hoseok made to drag the smaller man away from the doctor.

"You don't understand!"

"What is wrong with you Yoongi?" Taehyung stepped in and tried to calm a now raging Yoongi.

"YOU!" he pointed an accusatory finger at a shocked Taehyung. Yoongi looked wild and crazy as he tried to get away from Hoseok. "It's all your fault that this happened! I HATE YOU!"