Fifteen - Past

Seokjin

I gazed into my beautiful Chaeby's eyes and felt my palms tingle when our hands made contact. The wedding officiant continued with his service but I barely heard a word he said. I only had eyes and ears for my love, standing before me and looking so beautiful.

When the ceremony was complete and we kissed to seal our fate, I knew deep within my heart that I would love my Chaeby with the same intensity and passion until the day I died.

What followed was a whirlwind of love and desire as we gave ourselves to each other on our nuptial night, promising to love each other and stay loyal to one another forever. He was a blessing in my life that kept on giving me more gifts as the years passed by.

Our two lovely children and a happy home, were the result of his dedication to our marriage. Taehyung never once complained or fought with me to go to work or any other thing that would compromise our life, even though I encouraged him to pursue his career. He was a perfect partner, husband, parent and the love of my life.

But I knew there was one void that constantly plagued him, and that was the loss of his parents in his life. It had been a bad blow to him when they rejected me and our love. There were times when I would catch him tear or even be sad and forlorn. But he would always brush it aside.

I tried my best to compensate for this heavy loss in his life but I knew it was never enough. My own parents were extremely supportive and loved Taehyung like he was their own son yet that too could never come even close for my Chaeby.

When our son was born, I had tried to reach out to them and even sent them a photo of him but they had blocked my number. I thought that they would want to atleast see or know of their grandchild but that too was not enough to melt their hearts.

My thoughts were filled with these and many other emotions as I stood on the threshold of my Chaeby's modest childhood home.

Present Day

After we had made love in my office, Taehyung had closed himself up again when my secretary had promptly announced that I had an appointment with Hwasa and her doctor.

Everything came crashing down and I cursed her for reminding me over the speakerphone of this when Taehyung was there. He had gathered his things and quietly dressed up before making his way out of my office. He didn't look back and I knew we were back to square one. I groaned and pulled my hair in frustration.

So now, here I was, making my way to the very people who despised me with the very reason that they despised me for. They had warned him of my philandering ways but he had not heeded their warnings. I put all my misgivings aside and pressed the doorbell. My Chaeby needed his parents now more than ever.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" My father in law greeted me at the door. Not a very promising start, but I was prepared for this.