Eleven - Past

AN: A small reminder to those who have forgotten that this fic will feature other characters shipped with either Tae or Jin....let's continue

Jungkook

I stood aside as Taehyung and his group passed by us on the ground floor of our school block. My eyes never left his cute face. He was so lovely. His sweet, innocent yet playful eyes were so oblivious to all the stares around him. Kim Taehyung had no idea just how gorgeous he was and how almost everyone at school was dying to ask him out.

But there was one problem, Jung Hoseok. He glared at anyone and everyone who tried to approach Taehyung. Even the idiots who were a part of his own crew, were carefully vetted and warned by him. No one was allowed to even sniff in Taehyung's direction. And to tell you the truth, no one dared. Hoseok was quite intimidating.

I sighed heavily as I watched him sway his hips and head to homeroom. I was so lost in my musings about him that I was almost late and couldn't find a place when I got to homeroom. Just my luck that I found a seat next to Taehyung. It was the most beautiful day of my life when his eyes met mine and he smiled so sweetly at me.

I tried several times after that to get his attention but I was too chicken. Eventually, I built up the courage to speak to him and I wasn't surprised to find how polite and cute he was. Life at high school vastly improved for me after that. I looked forward to seeing him next to me and his sweet smile and soft laughter caused me to fall for him even more.

I deeply regretted the day I tried to talk to him about having a boyfriend. He closed off immediately and almost never spoke to me again. I was left heartbroken but still held a torch for him that someday he would notice me and fall in love with me.

But days turned to weeks and then to months, eventually 3 years were up and we were graduating high school. I watched as he left the school hall with Hoseok and I sighed heavily. I was never going to get another chance to tell him just how I felt about him.

After our Summer vacation, I was surprised to find that he had enrolled at the very same college as I was attending. His beauty had vastly improved over the Summer. He looked even more gorgeous, exuding an almost ethereal aura about him.

I shouldn't have been surprised then when he caught the attention of my one and only brother, Kim Seokjin. What started out as a stupid bet turned out to be the most painful 4 years of my life thereafter as I watched the love of my life being wooed by my philandering brother.

But the thing that surprised me the most was most definitely, the obvious change I saw in my brother after being with Taehyung. He changed almost overnight from the unfeeling and uncaring playboy to a doting and devoted boyfriend. He was smitten with Taehyung like I'd never seen him about anyone else before. And that was something since I knew my brother even better than the back of my own hand.

They were in love and planning their lives together while I stood on the sidelines and watched as my heart broke more and more with each passing day. Before this, I'd never begrudged my brother anything but his relationship with Taehyung was definitely a nail in my coffin.

It got so bad that I eventually moved away to do my honours degree on the pretext of wanting to spend time with my estranged father. When I returned, they were married and all my dreams of ever being his lover faded into nothingness.