Two - Past

Seokjin

It's been a week since I asked Taehyung to date me but he hasn't given me an answer as yet. He still meets me everyday after school for drinks at our local hangout. These little sessions where I get to see him up close and study his behaviour and personality has only served to endear him to me even more.

He's sweet and kind and very thoughtful. He has impecable manners and is very polite. A lot of things I am not. But I guess, as they say, maybe opposites do attract. I'm hoping today will be the day that he agrees to date me officially. He's become much more comfortable around me and his initial awkwardness and stuttering self, has vastly improved. He's still shy and reserved but not that much.

"Hi baby," I greeted him as he sat down next to me in the crowded café. Today was especially busy. "These are for you." I handed him a box of chocolates and a small bouquet of primroses. He smiled shyly and took them from me.

"Thank you hyung. You didn't have to get these but they are really beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you though," I winked at him naughtily and I smiled happily as a blush creeped up his cheeks. God, he was adorable. "And don't call me hyung. I know I am older than you but I'd prefer it if you called me something more affectionate."

"Like....like how you call me 'baby'?" He asked, so cutely.

"Yeah....something like that."

"Mmmmm....what's your favourite food?"

"Gosh! I love food in general. But a favourite would have to be naengmyeon (냉면) And you? What do you like?" He would always ask me things like this. Trying to get to know me; my interests or hobbies. It was cute.

"I like Japchae (잡채). I think I want to call you 'Myeoni' as my petname for you," he smiled cutely.

I laughed heartily at that but I loved it. He was so unique.

"I accept. Then I think I'm going to call you 'Chaeby'."

He looked at me curiously.

"Why Chaeby?" He asked confused.

"Well let's see, I combined 'chae' from japchae and 'by' from baby, and I got 'Chaeby'. What do you think?"

He smiled happily. "I like it. It's very unique."

"Okay my 'Chaeby', have you thought on my question I asked you a week ago?"

"What was that Myeoni? I think I forgot." He snacked on some chips and looked at me innocently. I believe, he really did forget. My heart sank. Maybe he really didn't want to be my boyfriend.

"You know, about us, dating officially?"

"Oh." He blushed so deeply and looked down, extremely coy. "I-I thought we were already dating Myeoni. Like we're already official," he peeked at me through hooded lashes and I almost died from his cuteness.

"So you mean, in your mind you're already my boyfriend?" I wanted to tease him so desperately.

He just nodded shyly. Oh God! He was too precious. I leaned over and pulled him closer to me. He hid his face in my chest and for once I wished the damn café to be quieter. I wanted to enjoy this moment with my love.