Chapter 39 - Avangaline

5 years later

Austin POV:
It's been dour years of Cecily and I hiding from the world, I know it's not what we envisioned we thought our future would be like, hiding away in a cabin in the woods, but it's the only way our family will be safe.

I awoke to the sounds of my baby crying. My daughter. Two months ago our baby girl and the light of my life was born.

"Mrs. Spade, I can see the head keep pushing!" The nurse spoke.

"IM TRYING!" My wife yelled angrily as she was in labor, today was the day, my beautiful child was going to be born.

We still don't know then gender, we wanted it to be a surprise, and although I was wrong about the last one, I just know it's going to be a girl.

For another minute it was just yelling from my wife until the most precious cry came out.

"It's a girl. Congratulations!" The nurse announced to us, wrapping the precious child in a blanket. He handed her to Cecily and left the room, giving us privacy.

I couldn't speak, she was so perfect. So beautiful. I was in utter shock I could create something so delicate and gorgeous.

After a minute of cradling her, Cecily let me hold her. I held the delicate bundle with the most care I've ever given anything. I began to whisper softly to her. "My sweet girl, it's me your dad—" before I could say anything else the door opened to reveal the nurse and our now five year old son.

"I'm sorry sir, he ran past me before I could stop him." The nurse said.

"It's okay, come here Xander, come meet your new baby sister." My sons face lit up at the mention of sister, he dashed towards us.

"Dad can I hold her pleeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeee" he asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Ok, but be careful. Come sit on the chair and I'll hand her to you." Xander did as instructed and I carefully handed him his sister. He just looked in awe at his sister before giving her a small kiss on the forehead, which made Cecily and I smile.

"Mommy what's her name?" Xander asked.

"Avangaline Winter Spade."

I felt ceci stir in her sleep. "I got it cec, go back to sleep." I told her getting up to go see why Ava was fussing.

I walked into her nursery and saw a figure in front of  her crib, Xander. His small body was cradling his sister bouncing her up and down trying to calm her. I couldn't help but stand leaning on the doorframe smiling.

He's gonna be a great brother.

Since it was dark he didn't see me, but I stood thee long enough to watch him read her a bedtime story, which resulted in them both falling asleep. I walked over to Ava and picked her up softly, and placed her back in her crib, next I went to Xander and picked him up and took him back to his room then returned to bed and cuddled Cecily.

Needless to say I went back to bed smiling.