Chapter 41 - Kidnapping

Xander's POV:
After getting the call from my dad I got in the car and went to go pick my sister up since I had a free period today.

I pulled up to her middle school in the camero my parents bought me when I started driving and I saw my sister sitting outside tear streaks in her eyes.

Oh hell no. I'm about to beat a kids ass.

I quickly got out of the car and walked up to her. "Ava?" I asked, sitting down next to her on the curb. "What's wrong?"

She sniffled. "Nothing."

I sighed. "Ava I'm not stupid, I'm your brother I can tell when something isn't right. Now what's wrong?"

She was fidgeting with her fingers, not looking at me so I got up and squatted in front of her, forcing her to look at me. "Avs, come on tell me." I said grabbing her hands softly and holding them.

She finally looked in my eyes. "Someone told me today that I was ugly and people only talk to me out of pity." Then she looked back down.

What the fuck. That's it imma need a body bag size small.

"Hey hey hey, Avangaline Winter Spade, look at me. You are the most beautiful girl in this whole school okay? Hell in the entire world. And no one talks to you out of pity, okay? They talk to you because you are a amazing person. Don't listen to this girl okay? She's not correct, and you shouldn't believe her. But you know who you should believe? Me. I'm your big brother okay, you should always believe when I tell you stuff like this okay?" She nodded and her tears stopped. "How about we go get some ice cream on the way home?" Her face grew a large smile.

After we got ice cream I was driving back home, we had to make a detour since there was construction on the main road, when a black SUV passed us only to slam on the breaks, causing a crash.

"AVA ARE YOU OKAY?" I yelled worryingly.

"Ya, what about you?" I nodded.

I was about to get out of the car to talk to who I just wrecked with when the was suddenly appeared at my window with a gun...

"Both of you. Out of the car. Now." I looked terrified at my sister. "I SAID NOW OR I SHOOT!" We quickly got out of the car and as soon as Ava got within arms reach I grabbed her and heals her close. "Get in the van!" The man demanded while waving his gun.

I closed my eyes and sighed in fear as a climbed in the van after Ava, once in I once again grabbed her and held her close. The man closed the band back door when my sister whimpered "Xander are they gonna kill us?"

I looked at her in fear. Truly not knowing. "No, not if I have anything to do about it. They won't touch you. I promise. Just do what the man says okay." She nodded.

Soon enough the van stopped and the man, gun in hand, was demanding us to leave the van and go inside this warehouse of sorts.

We were directed into a study when we were pushed out of the shadow, and looked up to see the faces of our parents.

They looked shocked and scared.

"Mom? Dad? What's going on?" I asked timidly.