Chapter 8 - Run

Austin POV:
It's been a week since our first official date, and we haven't separated since. It was clear now. She was my soulmate. The one I would be with forever. I loved her, with all my heart.

I could tell Ivan has been trusting me less and less, at this point I doubted he believed that I was only dating her for information. I'm so scared for both of them, Ivan wouldn't dare break a alliance without hard evidence, so until he has it my sister, Cecily, and I are safe, but for how long. Ive been keeping a eye on both of them, I couldn't imagine what would happen if either one got hurt. I have been in secret contact with Ceci's brothers and father. Telling them any and all information of threats against Cecily. Yes that technically makes me a traitor, but I am the heir to the Blades, and soon this gang will be mine when my father passes the honor to me. Plus, Ivan lost my loyalty when he threatened my baby sister.

Right now, Cecily is over at my house, her father trusts me enough now for her to come over, and lately she's been here every day. I was in the kitchen getting her and Aut some water, and she was on the couch with Autumn playing princesses with her. Ceci and Autumn have become really close, I can tell Autumn looks up to her like a big sister, and Ceci happily treats her like her own sister.

I walked back in the living room where the pair were sitting. I almost chuckled when I saw the makeup my sister applied on Cec. It was just blue eyeshadow swiped over her lid. "Here you go, your highnesses" I said handing them the water.

"Why thank you kind sir." Cecily replied, which made me chuckle and lean in for a kiss.

When we separated, my sister was mocking our kiss, I rolled my eyes and ruffled her hair.

~Time skip : 30 minutes later~

We were sitting on the couch watching Barbie and the Twelve Dancing Princesses, I was trying to act annoyed, although I was very invested in the movie, which I think Ceci could tell.

We were about halfway through the movie when I got a text from our head of Security.

Multiple Vehicles just broke through the front gate, we'll try to hold them off sir, but I recommend you get to safety.

Just as I finished reading the text a single bullet went through the window.

"Autum! Ceci! Get down!" I yelled as more bullets seemed to fly in. "Ceci! Grab autumn! Follow me!" I pulled out my gun, and ushered them to the safe room. Ceci seemed shocked at my weapon, but I didn't care, I needed to get them to the safe room.

We crouched all the way to the secret safe room, it was behind a bookshelf in the main hall, I used a thumb print to get in, and made sure Autumn and Ceci went first in. As soon as I was sure the door was locked and we were safe, without thinking I pulled out my phone and called Mr. Mariano.

Little did I know this would be my first mistake.