Chapter 5 - Young Love Part 2

Austin POV:
I got home from the meeting with Ivan, and the first thing I did was run to my baby sister. I ran to her room and saw her coloring on her bed. I stood in her doorframe for a minute before entering. "Hey Autumn." I said softly to her, whilst walking in and sitting down next to her on the bed.

"BUBBA!" My baby sister yelled while jumping into my arms. When she was two, she couldn't pronounce brother, so instead she said bubba and the nickname kinda stuck.

"Hey squirt." I returned the hug. "You know Aut, it's getting late." She looked at me sad, since she knew what I was about to say. "You should head to bed." She pouted, but didn't complain. As she was brushing her teeth, I quickly went to my room and put on some comfortable clothes, then walked back into her room. She was in bed, already tucked in and asleep. I smiled and went to the bed and decided to get in next to her. I turned off the light and snuggled close to my baby sister. As I pulled her into my chest to hug her all I could think about was what Ivan said. 

He threatened the life of my sister. My baby sister, the one light in this dark world. I don't know what to do, my sister is my life and I will protect her at all costs, but I can't let Cecily die. She means too much to me to do so. As I sat there contemplating what to do next, I ended up falling asleep.

I woke up to light hitting through the windows, Autumn was still asleep so I was quiet, making sure not to wake her. I kissed her temple before mumbling "I love you sis", sliding out of her bed I went to my room, where my phone was. I was going through my texts, when I saw one from Cecily.

C: Hey can we talk?

A: so sorry, I didn't have my phone on me, ya what's up?

I didn't expect her to reply since it was early, but she replied within the minute.

C: So um first of thank you

A: for what?

C: saving me, I didn't tell my brothers this, but I saw a bullet hole in the bleacher behind where I was sitting, of you hadn't pushed me out of the way I would have been dead so thank you

C: but what I really wanted to talk about was our uh kiss

A: ya um our kiss

C: you said you liked me

A: and you said you liked me too

C: so do we maybe idk—

A: do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?
A: ahh sorry I mean If you want to
A: it's okay if you don't I get it
A: aw shoot i shouldn't have asked that over text now i feel like it doesn't mean anything

C: I would like that.

A: you would ?

C: ya I would.

I got a request to face time, which made me frantic, I just woke up, my hairs probably messy, but I accepted. When I saw Cecily, I was amazed, she was so beautiful.

Cecily: Good morning
She made a cute laugh that I couldn't help smile at.

Austin: good morning

We talked for a while before realizing we had school in the morning, so we ended the call to get ready. While I was getting ready I thought of her.

I was done getting ready so I headed downstairs, I saw my father sitting at the table. I took a breath and walked over.

"Good morning Austin."

"Morning dad." He was reading the newspaper. "Dad." He looked up at me. "Do you trust Ivan?"